Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "621" 2.0 tin stamp - anyone reproduced it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
mapguy
Fellow nerds,

I'm looking to reproduce this stamp on my engine tin.

Anyone done this before? The plan now is to find a local print shop and see if they can match the font with a rubber stamp and if they don't mind me dipping it in some off-white paint.

Do tell...

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Its been done. Just trace the graphic on tracing paper exactly, have a rubber stamp made. Apply paint to the stamp and press in place...do not do it too carefully... make it look it was done on the production line originally.
Krieger
You have the right idea, but make sure you have a couple of beers before you do it so you can duplicate the sloppiness.
Mark Henry
I remember making stamps in high school (maybe jr. high) art class.
If you had the right material it wouldn't be that hard to make.
yerpants
You just need a big potato. Trace-transfer-carve-stamp. smile.gif
mapguy
Potato idea is not bad at all, but I think the rubber stamp will win out.

For others that are curious, I found a very close match in a font called 'Bebas'

Contacted a stamp maker in Riverside. Will update the thread when I hear from them. If made, I would make it available for loan to world members.
mapguy
Stamp shop in Riverside making the stamps. Yes, there are 2! The pic above is a 2.0 tin from Bruce's shop. Yes that's Bruce's finger!

Anyway, both sides of mine had "EA370" in addition to the "621"

Will post more pics of the stamps and results in a few. Here's my tin:
gcrotvik
I will the stamps for my 74 restore also. Let me know how it works and who made the stamp, if yours is not reusable.

Thanks!

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.