Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elephant Racing front rubber bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don-6
I installed these on my car a couple of years ago.

A friend has asked me to help install on his car.

I can not find the installation instructions.

Does anyone here have them?

I need the correct angles to index the suspension mounts to the a-arms.

Thanks, Don
Larmo63
Go on their website, they have installation videos posted with the correct degree settings.

I used my iPhone angle finder to do mine and they worked out perfect.
don-6
Thanks Lawrence.

I will re-watch their video.
If I remember, the index angles they use are for a 911.
I think I used a greater angle on the front mount.
15 deg rear, and 30 deg front.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks, Don
michael7810
I followed the video and it worked perfect. Just be careful the angle is in the right direction...the video is for a 911 which is upside down for a 914 if I remember correctly.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 28 2016, 12:47 PM) *

I followed the video and it worked perfect. Just be careful the angle is in the right direction...the video is for a 911 which is upside down for a 914 if I remember correctly.

WTF.gif biggrin.gif
pete000
ER bushings work great BTW !

Well worth the effort !
michael7810
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 28 2016, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 28 2016, 12:47 PM) *

WTF.gif biggrin.gif

WTF- you mean i can't blame my screw-up on a 911?? Maybe it's the way I oriented the arms in the vise. Anyway instead of +xx degrees I did mine -xx degrees the first time. Luckily I was able to correct the problem before the bushings took a set in the arms.
Larmo63
It's pretty simple to do if I can do it at home on my bench with a few simple tools.

This isn't rocket science. You can call or email Elephant too, they are very helpful.
colingreene
Seriously, If Lawrence can do it...
don-6
I did manage to accomplish this a couple of years ago. I just don't quite remember the index angles beer3.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.