Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light - head light relay problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Creamsicle New Zealand
Hi all I have a question for the electrically minded amongst us. My car arrived with a 5 pin head light relay - one of the pins is not being used which is causing confusion and fog light operation issues, but the wiring diagram shows it should be a 4 pin relay so I will purchase a 4 pin relay.
My question is at what stage of the park/head light switching should the fog lights be able to be switched on?
Thanks Steve
TheCabinetmaker
Fog lights only come on with head lamps in the dim position. The new 5 pin relays need a jumper wire on the unused terminal. Jump wire# 56 to 30.
orbit398
QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Jun 29 2016, 12:00 AM) *

Hi all I have a question for the electrically minded amongst us. My car arrived with a 5 pin head light relay - one of the pins is not being used which is causing confusion and fog light operation issues, but the wiring diagram shows it should be a 4 pin relay so I will purchase a 4 pin relay.
My question is at what stage of the park/head light switching should the fog lights be able to be switched on?
Thanks Steve

hope the attached helps
Creamsicle New Zealand
Fantastic just what I was after, both myself and my auto electrician couldn't work it out. Thanks for your help we can now move on to the next job on the list.
Cheers Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.