Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jay Leno in Car Rollover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
http://uverse.com/watch/h___60751249?ref=yfp
Looks like Leno was totally caught by surprise. Feel bad for him. Driver is ^$*&.

I think that's the car that was sitting on stage at Barret Jackson. $3mil ?
sb914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 29 2016, 08:04 AM) *

Looks like Leno was totally caught by surprise. Feel bad for him. Driver is ^$*&.

It's been in the sandbox for a few days .
7TPorsh
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 29 2016, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 29 2016, 08:04 AM) *

It's been in the sandbox for a few days .

Ah, ok....haven't been in a sandbox in 50 years!
Coondog
Guess no one ever told Jay to cross your arms and grab hold of the shoulder belts and hang on in a roll over. Dudes lucky his arm didn't fly out the window and get crushed.
scott_in_nh
Would have been better off keeping her straight, locking 'em up and hitting the wall squarely head on (or maybe stopping in time) than trying and failing to make the turn.
stugray
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jun 29 2016, 11:25 AM) *

Guess no one ever told Jay to cross your arms and grab hold of the shoulder belts and hang on in a roll over. Dudes lucky his arm didn't fly out the window and get crushed.

Thats why we have to wear arm restraints or have window nets in our racecars.

That whole stunt was a funeral waiting to happen.
Did you notice how close he came to hitting those barriers when he set the front end down?
He couldnt have seen them during the wheelie.
I'll bet he didnt even realize they were there until he flew by them at over 100 by just a few feet.
pete000
Seems odd he tried to turn a dragster at that speed regardless of how it was bouncing...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jun 29 2016, 01:37 PM) *

Would have been better off keeping her straight, locking 'em up and hitting the wall squarely head on (or maybe stopping in time) than trying and failing to make the turn.

At 1250HP, I doubt any of that was feasible... blink.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jun 29 2016, 10:25 AM) *

First thing I noticed ,his arms were flailing, told my wife that's the first thing in a crash, let go of the wheel and grab your harness.
altitude411
edit
oldschool
dry.gif I was not at this one, but he is ok. Just talk'd with the director. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.