Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Unbelievable Ferrari Model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
uzzaw
I saw this video about three years ago and it is still unbelievable today. This is pure dedication and wanting to achieve his dreams of building this model

Ferrari Video - RealPlayer Needed (1.13MB)

Rob
merrill
ohmy.gif I don't even know what to say.
i love porsche
i didnt watch the video cause i dont have realplayer, but is that the wooden model of the F50??
double-a
that is... i have no words for that. it took him 12 years to make a completely accurate and fully functional model of that car, down to actual fuel injection. all built from scratch. absolutely insane.

~a
Jacco
Wow absolutely insane!
thanks for sharing that vid!
I did some quick google action and came up with the following site which has some more background info and some pics.
Guys name is Pierre Scerri, check it out

pics and story of Ferrari 312PB 1/3rd scale model

greets
Jacco
Delft, the Netherlands
Root_Werks
ohmy.gif Amazing!
mskala
That does kick ass. Although I have to question, wouldn't it have
been just about the same difficulty to build the thing FULL SIZE?!

Then you'd be able to drive it, too. driving.gif
anthony
I love that video. I've had a copy on my hard drive for years. I wish I could find a higher resolution version. The announcer sounds like the Top Gear guy.
Hawktel
I always thought Ferrari should swap him. Something off the line for his, straight up.

Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (mskala @ Apr 9 2005, 06:55 PM)
That does kick ass. Although I have to question, wouldn't it have
been just about the same difficulty to build the thing FULL SIZE?!

Then you'd be able to drive it, too. driving.gif

agree.gif
Or if he'd have taken a second job and worked that 20,000 hours, he could buy one he could drive. rolleyes.gif
seanery
does anyone know of a wmv or mov or avi of that file?
I hate real and won't install it on any of my computers.

thanks
KaptKaos
You think his motor would fit in a teener? Prolly puts out more HP than my stock 1.7. laugh.gif

Anyway, that is awesome dedication. Now what is he gonna do?

mskala
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 10 2005, 11:11 AM)
I hate real and won't install it on any of my computers.

thanks

I won't have it either. Google Real Alternative.
Part Pricer
Hawktel
You know, the part that gets me is the sound. It sounds just like a real F-car.
Seagrave
Wow. Artist or nuts. No matter what you think you certainly have to admire the job he did. I've seen a lot of scale models but rarely one with all the functioning mechanicals. That B52 that the guys in England built (and crashed) comes close but this is in a class by itself. The part of the video with the tach summed it up pretty well. Thanks for sharing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.