Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porterfield Vs. Pagid Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
All you racers/De guys out there.
For track applications, do you prefer the Pagid RS14 or the Porterfield R4 compounds.
I have used the Pagids in the past, and a set lasts about 4-5 track days, and are rotor friendly, but they run around $155 a set. The Porterfield i don't know, but run around $110 a set. I am looking for any words of advice.
Thanks.
campbellcj
I've used and liked both. The Pagids are less noisy, dusty, and "grabby" in my experience. But the Porterfields are damn good pads esp. considering the price. Last time I bought em they were more like $90/set vs. $150+ for Pagids.

Currently I'm running Pagid black in front and Pagid orange in back, which works really well w/ my car & brake setup.
drew365
I've never used Porterfield. I run the Pagid Black/orange combo at Chris's suggestion and have been very happy with them. I definately get more than 4 or 5 track days out of mine, I probably get more like 8 or 9, but I'm not cup racing yet so our sessions aren't that long.
roundboy914
Thanks for the response guys.
Yeah, i have loved the Pagin Black?orange set up on my car also, it's just that there are none of the front pads for the 320i brakes here in the states. I am going to try a pad from Pagid that is for a set uf Subaru brakes, that the distributor says are nearly identical. we will see.
nine14cats
I've run Pagid Orange and Porterfields and I'd have to echo that the Porterfields are make more noise. They seem to make more noise on heavier cars (911's!) but after I put my 914 on a diet the squeaking went away.

I'm getting 18 track days out of a set. That is with a 2 driver car, although my wife is easy on the brakes compared to me laugh.gif

I ended up using the R4's because of the cost difference and the fact that they felt fine to me.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Downunderman
I have used EBC Greenstuff for a couple of years now. Works full on from cold. http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html
Brando
I've got Pagid's in the front and they SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAL horribly when they get warm, create a LOT of dust (black-caked rims after 5 days?) and were pretty cheap. But once they get warm they grip incredibly well.
TimT
Hawk Blue

I used the R4 and R4S for years.. they work great..

then my buddy became a Hawk dealer LOL

cheap pads for me LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.