Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 914 in Albuquerque
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Series9
42 pictures follow. Please wait until I'm done.

Scale of 1 to 10 (10 is perfect)

Body: 4
Paint: 3
Interior: 5
Wheels: 7
Suspension: 6
Trim: 3
Cage: 6
Engine: 6
Tranny: ?
Clutch: 2

This car would be a project. There are some good things, but overall it's mostly negative. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Series9
2:
Series9
3:
Series9
4:
Series9
5:
Series9
6:
Series9
7:
Series9
8:
Series9
9:
Series9
10:
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
Series9
There you have it. To say this guy is a motivated seller would be a massive understatement.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures of the build sheet. It's the best I could do outside with the macro.
skline
That is not a $9500 car. At most I would offer him about 4500 to 5k max. It will need a lot of work to make it reliable and the body and paint done. This is just my opinion, a repaint would be around 1k to 1.5k with body work in Mexico, much more if you did it here in the US. The radiator is different, have not seen one mouted like that before. I would almost bet it runs warm. So to change out the radiator, you are looking at another grand or so. By the time you get done you will be into it around 8k if you got it for 5k.
horizontally-opposed
pease mommy, make it stop!

The "Radiator Fans" integration in the seatbelt light had me chairfall.gif

What's his price?

pete

BTW, Joe: excellent selection and picks on the photos, give a very good indication of car's real condition...all virtual PPIs should be like this one.
Series9
Scott, I tried to call you when I was down there today, but no answer.
ewdysar
Hey now, I kinda like the "Radiator Fans" re-purpose of the the seatbelt light. Hell, that light isn't doing anything constructive on my dash now. Though, I don't really need a light, the fans are fairly visible on the voltmeter (about .5v down when the fans are on)

But it made me think about it... idea.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Eric
skline
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 8 2005, 12:56 PM)
Scott, I tried to call you when I was down there today, but no answer.

There is a bunch of people here now we just got Allans car running good and by the time I got to the phone I had a missed call. Sorry about that. However, Allans car is running and running well. He may be driving it home. We are going to button it up now and take it for a drive to the gas station to put some in. Then drive it around town a little so he can get a feel for it.
BIGKAT_83
Great job on inspecting the car. You didn't miss a thing.

Kind of suprized at how nice the stock chevy water pump mounted up as a remote mount pump(pic15). Thats one of the major cost items when doing a sbc conversion. The conversion kit companys get $300/400 for their remote mount Mopar pumps. By using the $25 chevy pump this makes a conversion alot cheaper.

I've seen another car done with the radiator mounted in the rear position of the trunk like this car had. It was done alot nicer and seemed to cool fine.
There are some good things about the car and some bad.

Bob
neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 8 2005, 12:53 PM)
That is not a $9500 car. At most I would offer him about 4500 to 5k max. It will need a lot of work to make it reliable and the body and paint done. This is just my opinion, a repaint would be around 1k to 1.5k with body work in Mexico, much more if you did it here in the US. The radiator is different, have not seen one mouted like that before. I would almost bet it runs warm. So to change out the radiator, you are looking at another grand or so. By the time you get done you will be into it around 8k if you got it for 5k.

agree.gif
if you compare it to the price and condition of the V8 Mike Z sold...

If it is a good reliable driver, it should be in the $6000-$8000 range. Cleanliness and equipment can raise that to 5 digit numbers...

How did it run and drive?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.