Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Wife's an American Citizen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I couldn't be prouder. On March 31st Vanessa Silveira Shea became an American citizen smilie_pokal.gif

Born and raised in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Moved to Miami and met me 6 years ago.

Here's she is in the ceremony
Eric_Shea
Honor Guards
StratPlayer
Congrats to your wife, there will a celebration in Sandy tonight.
Joe Bob
Congrats....now we need a pic in a red, white and blue bikini.... cool_shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Here's Baby Nikki (from page 11 of the "What do You Look Like" thread) at the ceremony wink.gif wub.gif
ArtechnikA
congratulations to you both !
Eric_Shea
"Z" she's Brazilian... I can't show that Red White and Blue bikini least I get in trouble like you always do biggrin.gif

How about a cake?
Eric_Shea
Thanks Rich, Thanks Jim, Thanks all!! biggrin.gif

We whooped it up last weekend. I just downloaded these from the camera... beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
That rocks Eric! I know what you two had to go through, sort of. My father re-married like 8-9 years ago to a lady from Canada. She is my Mom to put it mildly now. But I can tell you she went through hell to become a US citz.

Congrats to you both! Party time! boldblue.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Series9
That's awesome Eric. I think citizenship means more to people who have to earn it.

Congratulations. smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
smilie_pokal.gif

See y'all Saturday for congratulations in person!
tat2dphreak
gratz!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif that's great!!

btw, "Z" has a point... and I agree cool_shades.gif
Foxman
Eric, that is fantastic. My wife was born here, but she has a dual citizenship with Brazil due to her mom being born there. Gotta love those Brazilian women. beerchug.gif
Howard
So Cool! Congrats!

Eric, no matter what Z says, don't pose in a bikini cool_shades.gif
xitspd
"Parabens" Vanessa and Eric! cool.gif

Dan Callicott
Eric_Shea
Not red white and blue...

and not my wife...

Butt it is Brazilian blink.gif

(fuzzy one there in the background is for Aaron) w00t.gif
brant
congrats eric!!
Lou W
Congratulations flag.gif
Carl
Congratulations! Way to go!

smilie_pokal.gif
grantsfo
Thanks! Its great to be reminded that people still value becoming citizens of the US! Congratulations to both of you!
TonyAKAVW
Conratulations!!! My wife (argentine) still has another 2 years to go I believe before she qualifies for the citizenship process. After all the paperwork to get her here in the first place, I can only imagine what naturalization will be like.

-Tony
Eric_Shea
Naturalization isn't too tough... just getting the green card was the worst. I was ready to go postal because we did it without a lawyer ar15.gif

Thanks again everyone... this was one of the most important days of her life flag.gif
fiid
Congrats. I've got to get my citizenship sometime...

clap.gif clap.gif
TonyAKAVW
Yep, we did it without a lawyer too. I spent a lot of time on the net researching all the proper ways to do things. I'm sure you remember I-129f, the K-1, all 50000000 forms and notarized signatures, birth certificates, verification of income, past years tax forms, photographs, letters, etc. etc. etc. Its really amazing how much work all of that is. Then there's the lines at the INS, interviews, finger printing, temporary authorizations to travel etc., medical exams, blah blah blah.

here's a "done with the INS forever beer" for you beer.gif

-Tony

watsonrx13
Congratulations Eric and Vanessa, very, very cool. biggrin.gif

Wonderful knowing that citizens from another country would pledge their loyalty to our country.... flag.gif
Grimstead
Good Deal! Congratulations to you both. clap.gif

mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif
william harris
Congratulations! I think it is wonderful and Eric, you have a wonderful looking family! flag.gif
TimT
Good for you! Happy for Her! Happy for you both beerchug.gif
Jeroen
great news! congrats!!!
Hawk
Congrats to you both! What a wonderful thing to celebrate.
Ciao
-Ricardo
Mueller
QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 8 2005, 04:31 PM)
Congrats.  I've got to get my citizenship sometime... clap.gif  :clap:

Fiid, just make sure you don't lose your accent, I need something to make fun of you beerchug.gif

Congrats to your wife E !!!!
gregrobbins
Congratulations! flag.gif
slapshot914
All right! Congratulations Vanessa and Eric. My folks and the 3 kids (me included) did that many years ago moving to Salt Lake from Sweden. It was the proudest day of their lives. Tough to move from the homeland to another country, especially with nothing but a box of things and a few suitcases. But they were determined and I'm certainly glad they did. Anyway congrats again.
Qarl
Wonderful news!

Congratulations to you both... or to you three!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
Good Job Vanessa smilie_pokal.gif

.......b
Rhodes71/914
Congrats to you and your wife!
seanery
Congrats to Vanessa!

I recently worked at a Naturalization Ceremony, and I learned how important it is to those going through it. Way to go!!! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.