Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: switching parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
i have.....well my dad has rolleyes.gif a 1970 911T that we are parting out. I already know that i am taking the wheels and entire suspension...what else should i take from it?? while i'm at it, anyone need any parts. Oh yea, the engine does run great with no smoking but i dont want it cause it wouldn't have that much of a gain in power..
bondo
I'll take the guages! smile.gif

You won't be able to use the rear suspension, but the front bolts right on. Some knobs and switches are the same. That's about where my knowledge ends.
jgiroux67
I'll take the ignition switch with key.
Got any pictures of the car?
TheCabinetmaker
Master cylinder, relays, gauges, and more that I can't think of just now. I'm sure lots of folks will chime in on this one.
cdmcse
What are you asking for the engine?
grasshopper
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Apr 8 2005, 03:48 PM)
What are you asking for the engine?

I'll have to ask my dad, i dont know what it is worth...
Mueller
the rear brakes can be used including the parking brakes......

grasshopper
If i cant switch the rear suspension too how do i change to rear to five lug also? do i have to buy a conversion kit?
jd74914
need the 914/6 stub axles and 911 hubs, 914/6 rotors (or you can go with 911 brakes in full)

Whats the targa top look like?

Also, when/if you swap brakes be sure you do them right as they are the most important part of the car.

Cheers beerchug.gif (non-alcoholic beer) Jim.
scotty914
the engine is worth about 2500 if it runs well with no smoke and a decent compression test. if it has 10 k or so miles on a rebuilt its worth up to 5 k
Eric_Shea
If i cant switch the rear suspension too how do i change to rear to five lug also? do i have to buy a conversion kit?

Beats me confused24.gif

laugh.gif

You can click one of the links at the bottom of my page... that might do it for ya idea.gif

It's Root Beer -----> beer3.gif

(Root makes some of the best beer) w00t.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Apr 8 2005, 06:25 PM)
the engine is worth about 2500 if it runs well with no smoke and a decent compression test. if it has 10 k or so miles on a rebuilt its worth up to 5 k

IF it has Webers....less for Zeniths....
grasshopper
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 8 2005, 06:35 PM)
IF it has Webers....less for Zeniths....

It had webers but when i was rebuilding one of them,one of the things that opens and closes was stuck and i cant break it free...the other one is pefect though. I comes with zeniths. Oh yea, heres a pic of the guages. I pulled them in 10 minutes! biggrin.gif
spare time toys
What about the trans?
grasshopper
I dont know how the trans is...i had the car running but never got a chance to drive it around(electrical problems..and rust wacko.gif ) It is a four speed not five though. Oh yea, i have replacement rockers and floors and the complete interior and a fiberglass RS front bumpers...(some cracks that need fixing) and an RS wing. Oh yea, the targa top is almost perfect. No crack, rips or big scratched. All that is needed is the headliner. And no, it is not interchangeable with the 914. I also have an "early" bumper. That is pre 69. that is in good shape.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.