Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for 5 lug Fuchs for test fiting, central Indiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tjtryon
Does anyone have a (5 lug) 15x6, 15x7, 15x8, 16x7 or 16x8 Fuchs rim that I can use to check fitment on my 914? Can be Fuchs original or 911/914 ofset replica. Preference would be a 7 inch wide wheel, but any of the sizes above should be sufficient to check fitment. I can even do this at your location, no need for me to take your wheel with me. Many thanks in advance!
Chris914n6
A 7", also 6", Cookie cutter will be the same offset.
buck toenges
I've got 16 x 7 fuchs on my car. I'm in ft wayne.
Chris914n6
Nothing is going to fit in the back with a 1" adapter. You should have included that in the post.
A 7" fits with rolled fenders. A 6" is a nice fit.
tjtryon
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 4 2016, 12:24 AM) *

Nothing is going to fit in the back with a 1" adapter. You should have included that in the post.

I've actually had 2 different 914 people tell me that a 16x6 Fuchs will fit with the 1" wheel adapter, and that a 16x7 should fit fine as well. I do have my doubts, but already have the wheel adapters, so why not find out first hand? Worst case, I spend an afternoon driving and pulling a wheel off my 914.
rwgrimes
QUOTE(tjtryon @ Jul 4 2016, 05:56 AM) *

I've actually had 2 different 914 people tell me that a 16x6 Fuchs will fit with the 1" wheel adapter, and that a 16x7 should fit fine as well. I do have my doubts, but already have the wheel adapters, so why not find out first hand? Worst case, I spend an afternoon driving and pulling a wheel off my 914.

I've got 16x7, 15x7, and 15x6 sets at my garage in Noblesville if you ever get up this way.

Rob
tjtryon

Had the opportunity to try several different Fuchs sizes last week. What I found:

1) A 16x6 fits excellent on the front with the 1" adapter. No issues. A 16x7 will work too, though if you were in a turn, there is a slight chance it might make contact with the lower spoiler, if you compress the front suspension enough - though this is not likely...
2) A 16x7 sticks out too much for the rear, but a 16x6 seemed to work OK with the adapter, though a 15x5.5 would definitely work better with zero issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.