Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Pedal Assembly Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Charles Danek
Hi All -

I am in the process of restoring my 914's pedal assembly. After getting it out of the car, whacking out the pin that helps the clutch pedal clutch the clutch shaft, and getting the clutch pedal off, I went to work removing corrosion from the 13mm nut that holds the clutch shaft to the pedal assembly base plate, only to discover that someone had welded everything together. Sadly, it seems the only way these pieces are coming apart is with a grinder, at which point they are not going to be easily salvageable. (Especially since I don't have a welder.)

Thus, I would like to buy:

1.) A replacement pedal assembly base plate -

2.) Clutch shaft -

Does any body here have these items, which they are willing to part with?

Thanks in advance -

Charlie
914Sixer
Let me check in the morning. I know I have the base, not sure about the shaft.
boxstr
Bruce Stone is the guru at the pedal assembly rebuilds. You might contact him.
Craig at CAMP
bdstone914
Yes I gave all the parts. Sounds like the stud that holds the flange to the base. A simple through bolt will work. If you need parts I am in Riverside. Postong a picture will help.
Charles Danek
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 3 2016, 06:16 PM) *

Yes I gave all the parts. Sounds like the stud that holds the flange to the base. A simple through bolt will work. If you need parts I am in Riverside. Postong a picture will help.

Hello Bruce -

Thanks for the reply! Okay, included here is a picture that shows the situation. I thought if I could grind the 13mm nut off, that maybe the shaft would be freed, and that it would then just be a matter of putting a 13mm shaft back on the base plate, but no such luck. I am afraid the plate and the shaft are all one piece now.

boxstr says you are the Pedal Assembly Guru! Do you by chance sell rebuild kits? I could be interested in something like that as well -

Thanks in advance for the help -

Charlie

IPB Image
Charles Danek
IPB Image
914Sixer
Contact Bruce and get yourself one of his rebuilt set. It will save you HOURS of headache!
bdstone914
Here is what I do.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65920
rgalla9146
Would this help ?
rgalla9146
Better picture.......Oh ! forget it ! it's a Sporto.
bdstone914
I think the brake pedal rod could be salvaged. That is the crustiest pedal set I have ever seen. I had one that was sent as a core that I could put my hand through the housing. He though I could rebuild it. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.