Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
I am rebuilding my carbs and found somthing weird below the float. There is a piece of sheet metal with some slits in it on the bottom of each float bowl.

Anyone have an idea on what the heck these are?

I'll get a phot uploaded soon wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif headbang.gif
ein 6er
OH!!!! i know, i know!!!!

but someone else will get it before my 2 fingers can type it!! biggrin.gif
ein 6er
everybody must be snoozing!! laugh.gif

found this on a quick search.

TimT
hmmm sounds like someone modded the float bowls with these plates to keep fuel around the main jets pickups. this assure he mains have fuel under hard cornering. Also if all the float bowl mods have been done, the "boss" around the main jet pickup will have been ground away.
Trekkor
Wasn't snoozing...Out checking the mail box and getting a bite to eat. chowtime.gif

I don't have the anti-starvation baffles and all is well here.

KT
Kerrys914
Yep that MUST be it smilie_pokal.gif

Mine are not are just wedged in there NO epoxy at all. I tried to get them out but they are in there. smash.gif
Kerrys914
Just incase anyone was curious here is a photo
IronHillRestorations
Look in Bruce Anderson's book, and you'll see how he suggests it should be done. Not a bad idea. I'd probably leave them in.
sixnotfour
If the ridge around the main jet port is cut down, bowl sediment will get in them jets easier then if they are unmodified. so use a good fuel filter or two. Good to have either way though.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.