Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle position Sensor help please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wyvern
Looking for a bit of help please.

I had no TPS signal when testing using the correct 1.7 adjustment sequence with an ohm meter.

Sucessfully installed a new board .

Still no signal when testing & doing set up adjustment.
even when working through simulated accel and decel when internal contacts change.

The meter works . (tested other known components)
Tested the connection from "pick up" to board and all work so I know I am making board to contact on all fixed and movable connections is good.

I am thinking that the other part of my TPS is bad ...Cleaned contacts.
I posted a photo (photo not mine but arrows to area of concern.

Any help or is it time for a "new" TPS.

Porsche # 022 906 111 B
Bosch # 0 280 120 021
Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
Check for continuity between the traces and the corresponding position on the plug, and between fingers and plug.
Wyvern
^^^
I see where you are going . (that would check the plug connector)

I do have continuity on each trace to the plug
TheCabinetmaker
Did you test from the plug to fingers?
Wyvern
Plug spade to finger and plug spade to trace is good ...

With the cover off and the unit mounted back on the TB, If I move the throttle the center spring connector (not changed) does not make contact with the post.
(if I push that with a small screwdriver it does make contact, as I believe it should.)

I can see what it should be doing as the throttle is opened ... one circuit is active when in accel mode and it then is open when in decel ... that's not happening always "open"

Please excuse me if I am using incorrect component names or not speaking "letric" correctly ... but I do understand the principals.
TheCabinetmaker
Hmm, haven't experienced that. I can look at a tps tomorrow to see how it should work. Maybe some one else will have a more definitive answer.
Wyvern
Fixed it ! Good to go ...

I tested and re-tested and figured as I actually thought that the 2 "posts" and the contact they make with the "sprung contact' ... just wasn't good.

I cleaned and actually had to use some very fine wet / dry paper on the post and the contact.

OK ... every thing works and I have good readings.

the board did need to be changed as its trace contacts were very worn , If you do the board, pay some attention to the pin contacts as well ...

Thanks for your help "cabinetmaker"
TheCabinetmaker
Might also use some electrical contact cleaner to remove grease, and cleaner residue. Even lacquer thinner or acetone will leave an oily residue.

Good job with the diagnostics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.