Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: radio bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I'm trying to install my reconditioned radio. I'm missing the radio install bracket. Does anyone have access to take some photos & measurements?

Thanks

DAvid
GaroldShaffer
The one that is connected to the firewall at the back of the radio? I believe I have one and will check in a few hours when I get home.
Harpo
Thanks Garold
Harpo
Bump, anyone with a radio bracket?
914Sixer
Which kind of bracket do you need. Each radio used a different one. All the Euro manufacturers used one and the Sapphires used another. I have some DIN plates if that is what you need.
TheCabinetmaker
Not sure, but I would think the rear mount bracket came with the radio when it was installed. It's just a piece of metal that attaches under the dash, and to the back of the radio.
Harpo
Good evening guys

I have a Motorola sapphire and I believe that my bracket should look like a "Z" or an "S". Yes I could probably make one but as we all know it is not fun being under the dash in our cars.

Thanks

DAvid
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jul 5 2016, 06:23 PM) *

Good evening guys

I have a Motorola sapphire and I believe that my bracket should look like a "Z" or an "S". Yes I could probably make one but as we all know it is not fun being under the dash in our cars.

Thanks

DAvid

I'm still looking David. I went through my stash of radios (and radio parts) but didn't find a bracket. I have a 73 parts car here that I just got on the lift this afternoon, but haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. It's 88 and humid here right now and I'm old and fat biggrin.gif once the sun goes down and cools off a bit I will go back out and check the radio that is in it and see what it has.
914Sixer
Ok, now we know what we are looking for. Added picture
Tbrown4x4
Just put mine back in after glove box repair. It was a square U-shape that has two tabs that fit into holes in the firewall. (Bosch radio in a '73.) Sort of like this:

http://www.partsklassik.com/images/Product/large/1030.jpg
Harpo
Hey Mark any chance of getting some dimensions from that bracket?

Thanks everyone

David
914Sixer
I just sold the radio that the bracket went to. I shipped it out yesterday afternoon. I might still have a blapunkt rear that would work. Let me check this afternoon.
Mike Fitton
Just get some plumbers tape, like this:

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
I don't have the strap for the Motorola radio, just the one used for the Bluapunkt.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.