Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB early water drip pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mphw
I've bought the wrong Water drip pan for my 1971-914. This is for 72-76.
Does anyone have a (NOS) early one for sale?

The left one on the photo is one i'm searching for.

Thanks! MarcClick to view attachment
Tom_T
Actually the one on the left was for 70-74 MY & the right is the 75-76 + Superceded for all 70-76, with the ribs added to stop the engine heat warping of the tray of the early ones, which then allowed a waterfall over the front edged L & R between the mounting screws in medium to heavy rain.

Both will mount for all 70-76 MYs, & if you went to a Porsche dealer in the late-70s - 80s/90s - that's what they'd sell you as a "superceded" & improved version.

Both types have been NLA from Porsche for some time now, but repros of both types are out there.

If yours is a Daily Driver or Weekender 914, &/or only doing local & Porsche Club shows where originality is not judged (check your local clubs' & shows' rules), then it's okay to use the right later one, & you'll be better off for no heat warping.

It's your choice, but you can definitely use the new right one.

If you want exact originality - then look at Mikey914 for the upcoming group buy on his repro early tray from 914Rubber. It's got a topic in both the Garage & Parts or Member Vendor forums. You can also PM him to get added to the GB.

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 5 2016, 11:57 AM) *

Actually the one on the left was for 70-74 MY & the right is the 75-76 + Superceded for all 70-76, with the ribs added to stop the engine heat warping of the tray of the early ones, which then allowed a waterfall over the front edged L & R between the mounting screws in medium to heavy rain.

///////

I do not agree with what Tom said about the model years. The early style (left one) was 70 - 71 (a few early 72 may have them also). Late 72 - 76 have the style on the right.
I have parted close to 100 cars over the years and never seen the early style rain tray on anything with a build date later than Feb 72
rgolia
Agree with Garold
maxbiag
Excuse me, but Dr. B. Johnson (pg. 46) says that the second lid is from 1973. In my car (1972-06) it is like first one
PCA7GGR
I've got one for you:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-rain-tray.html
injunmort
I might have one, I will check tomorrow on condition
Mikey914
Got them new, slightly thicker to make them more durable. I'll even throw in the metal mounting tabs (you'll need to get the pop rivets as I can't find my stash)

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/e...ent-rain-tray-1

This is the special "Garold" version biggrin.gif
bdstone914

@mphw

Tom,
You have the coverage years off but I think you are correct in that the late tray can be used on the early cars.

Since the original poster is in Europe using the one he has may be the best option.

Brucehttp://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=post&do=edit_post&f=18&t=288977&p=2714536&st=0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.