Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need best fitting stock all weather tires.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
I know the stock tires are hard to find with the Euro measurements. I live in Colorado and am looking at a little lower profile tire, not much from stock but something that will work in snow and rain. Not a dedicated snow tire. I am running Rivera rims in the stock size. I have more wheel gap in the front than the rear I assume from the engine weight on the rear. I do not want a big wheel well gap, just want a tire that is better for some snow use and rain on occasion. It seems I can go a little lower profile in the rear than the front. Looking at Discount Tire as they always have taken care of me over the years. Thanks all.
stugray
My favorite tires for daily driving all season are goodyear assurance tripletread.

I also live in Colorado and I have them on my wife's car and my daughter's and they do great in the snow.

They come in a 195 60-15 or 195 65-15 which should fit a narrow body 914 just about right.
carcus
Thanks much stugray!!
matthepcat
You drive your 914 in the snow & freezing temperatures?

In my experience, many summer tires are better in the rain.
rhodyguy
"Rivieras in stock size"? 15x5 1/2 is a 'common size' wheel. Back spacing? Not equal in all cases. 195s can be problematic with the Rivs due to the back spacing/offset on the rear of the car. Running with dissimilar sidewall aspects prob isn't the best approach. How are you going to handle rotating the tires? The tires are going to cost you about 3 times+ the value of your used Rivs. Unless less perfect, the wheels are worth their weight as scrap. Brand new ones are less than $100 a pop. Delivered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.