Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New front trunk springs for your 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Just throwing this out there.
Keep your car stock, plug and play maybe $30 a set ish.
You know me if you need em, I can make em.
Who's interested?
PanelBilly
Yuuuup
Mikey914
Yes you can re use springs, but these will be like new from the box. You must heat treat these to have consistent pull. otherwise you do run the risk of having a spring that is too tight. The issue is the components they attach to are engineered to hold at a specified pull. You do run the risk of a failure that is worse than the initial problem.
TheCabinetmaker
I need a pair now! Mine are on the the front most notch and barely hold.
Rand
A couple minutes with a torch and some pliers... Upstream half an inch and make a new loop. Trim it nicely and nobody will notice. Or it will get you by until the CCW springs show up.
dlee6204
I'd be interested
mb911
Wow Mark do you ever sleep lol all these great ideas. I would think it would be a great addition to all of your other offerings.
76-914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 6 2016, 09:27 AM) *

Who's interested?

Insurance wise; will their be any added liability on your part Mark?
914Sixer
I am in for 1 set.
green914
piratenanner.gif I take one set please.
Mikey914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 6 2016, 03:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 6 2016, 09:27 AM) *

Who's interested?

Insurance wise; will their be any added liability on your part Mark?

Not really seeing a bunch of liability here. Probably more in the strut kits. The trunk springs can be reverse engineered, so as long as we are within a few lbs we should e fine. Lets say for argument they are 45lb springs if we go 48, we should be within the original factor engineering for the the mounts. I'm not reinventing the wheel, just choosing to provide a part that is a reasonable facsimile to the original.
Mikey914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 6 2016, 02:07 PM) *

Wow Mark do you ever sleep lol all these great ideas. I would think it would be a great addition to all of your other offerings.

Sleep?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.