Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fs engine case #GA000004
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Ryan
$1 or best offer
TheCabinetmaker
Ten grand? Hahaha!

I sell them for a WHOLE lot less than that! Can't possibly see why#4 would be worth more.
Mueller
QUOTE(Ryan @ Jul 6 2016, 12:33 PM) *

Yes this truly is the 4th 2 liter engine case ever built asking $10000 obo open to trades

Are you missing a decimal point someplace?
KevinGieg
Ban him from the site.
moldygreg

I remember Dave at Triad showing me this case. Did he part with a bunch of his treasures lately?

Menmojo
QUOTE(KevinGieg @ Jul 6 2016, 11:39 AM) *

Ban him from the site.

+1
Mueller
QUOTE(Menmojo @ Jul 6 2016, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(KevinGieg @ Jul 6 2016, 11:39 AM) *

Ban him from the site.

+1

Could be legit, of course with no back story about it......
rmdinmd
OBO piratenanner.gif $25.
Dominic
If it was an early 911 or 914-6 it would add $10k (or more) to the value of your car to have the matching engine...but not a 2.0L 914. Many have said this before...it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Funny thing is most of us here did not pay that much for our 914's biggrin.gif
wes

Yes this truly is the 4th 2 liter engine case ever built asking $10000 obo open to trades

SOoo dose that make it run better, or maybe gold infused.
euro911
Ridiculous screwy.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Ryan @ Jul 6 2016, 11:33 AM) *

Hey, what a coincidence, I have one of the earliest 2L chassis in the database, I think like 2nd or 3rd. Missing the original motor, this may be it. Ill sell you the roller for 10k if you want! ill even have it delivered.
wes
av-943.gif
Ryan
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Jul 6 2016, 12:49 PM) *

I remember Dave at Triad showing me this case. Did he part with a bunch of his treasures lately?

Yes I purchased all of Triad West parts from Dave
Ryan
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 6 2016, 12:37 PM) *

Ten grand? Hahaha!

I sell them for a WHOLE lot less than that! Can't possibly see why#4 would be worth more.
I hear you I sell them for cheaper as well but I've never seen them before but the guy that got a hold of me with number for a 2-liter car that had no engine is willing to talk price that's what I was trying to do but yeah I would have laughed too buddy haha just wanted to get some funny things going I understand it's a ridiculous price
Ryan
QUOTE(KevinGieg @ Jul 6 2016, 12:39 PM) *

Ban him from the site.

Why? That's kind of harsh it says or best offer or trade
Ryan
QUOTE(Dominic @ Jul 6 2016, 01:57 PM) *

If it was an early 911 or 914-6 it would add $10k (or more) to the value of your car to have the matching engine...but not a 2.0L 914. Many have said this before...it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Funny thing is most of us here did not pay that much for our 914's biggrin.gif

I realize the ridiculous number on the price was hoping to find the gentleman with the fourth car I've come across the gentleman with the third and the second one but hoping to find the body that this engine goes to and you're right I only seven of these cars have paid more than 3 Grand for any of my two liter cars I have Semi Trailers full of Parts but sometimes you have to make a stir in the world to find that guy that's what I was intending on doing I seem to have gotten a lot of negative people telling me to be thrown off the website I thought this was a positive Community games LSU I bought Triad West performance from told me it was I sure haven't gotten a lot of that love today
Ryan
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 6 2016, 01:59 PM) *

SOoo dose that make it run better, or maybe gold infused.

Yes you are correct it is gold infused and titanium coated this will make your car go A Thousand Miles faster
Ryan
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 6 2016, 03:28 PM) *

Ridiculous screwy.gif

I realize it's a ridiculous price I'm hoping to find the gentleman with number 4 since I posted it I've gotten ahold of the gentleman with number 2 and number 5 I don't seven of these cars have been into this 914 thing for over 30 years I understand but how many times you come across the fourth two liter case ever built everybody hears been quite rude to me when I bought Triad West for four minutes from Dave Ellison told me this was a website that people were friendly and so far all I've gotten is a bunch of s*** talking it says offer or best offer or trade I thought people understood go ahead and offer me 500 400 for it nobody's had the balls to do that though all they've done is just talk trash to me kind of weird it's unfortunate because I saw a lot of 914 parts to a lot of people for very cheap
Ryan
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jul 6 2016, 05:38 PM) *

Hey, what a coincidence, I have one of the earliest 2L chassis in the database, I think like 2nd or 3rd. Missing the original motor, this may be it. Ill sell you the roller for 10k if you want! ill even have it delivered.

Cool I was hoping my ridiculous price and posting my rig through the community hoping to find whoever had that body out of 15 replies only to wear nice the rest of them were really rude about Triad West performance from Dave Ellis and I've been in his 914 world and Portia role for 25 years I'm willing to sell the case for a much better price I was just trying to bring some bills and then 914 world maybe we could talk and how cool you have some of the earliest to liters I have a 7374 and a 75 right on brother
Ryan
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jul 6 2016, 05:38 PM) *

Real that would be cool.
Mueller
QUOTE(Ryan @ Jul 6 2016, 06:35 PM) *

Ban him from the site.

Last few weeks there have been a few very suspicious ads for rare parts, people with 0 posts selling something rare for big bucks is a red flag.

Welcome and is there a story about that motor you can share?
JRust
Yeah no worries Ryan. Usually we are a little more forgiving here. With the low posts came across as a Flipper & just way over the top. To get your humor you've got to be here a while. Once people know you we'll all laugh along. Glad to have you welcome.png
burningman
Hey All,

I can vouch for Ryan he's a good dude (althought I'm relatively new too) I met him last year when looking for some bumpers. Although I didn't get any from him he was fair in the pricing, he's a solid guy and has been into vintage Porsche's awhile.

While I don't know the history of the case in question I can also kind of vouch for it as Dave from Triad showed it to me prior to Ryan buying his remaining inventory.

Ryan, I'm surprised you're a new member here welcome to the forum. I'd sit on that case, your probably about 15yrs to early to get crazy money for it. Who knows, one day these cars could be 356 territory and you'll get that purist that'll spend the bills. I always kick myself when I think of all the 356, 911 and 912's I passed up years ago.
KevinGieg
QUOTE(Ryan @ Jul 6 2016, 06:35 PM) *

Ban him from the site.

Yes you are right about that!
rgalla9146
let it ripen...... while waiting...... work on your punctuation...... and GLWTS
rhodyguy
It's 'Ellison' Ryan. Did you buy the silver car too? I think if you just price the case at the level you REALLY want to see, you'll have better luck with the sale. People will tend not to get worked up either. glwts.

I've been in the container. You have your work cut out for you. Better lay in a stack of shipping boxes and buy some strapping tape from Costco. When it's time to ship the case, use a Rubbermaid tote. Walmart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.