Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB right door glass tinted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
3stewarts
I am in need of the right door glass to fit a '73.
I assume they are all the same through out the years.
The one I have is tinted green I think. and warped, yep warped. Never seen a piece of glass like this except in a burnt car.
Also need a right front fender.
Shipped to 64024

Thanks in advance
bdstone914
There are early and late windows. You should have a late window. They are different. I should have one.
3stewarts
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 6 2016, 08:42 PM) *

There are early and late windows. You should have a late window. They are different. I should have one.

And I thought they were all the same. Still learning after all these years!

Any chance you've got a fender too?
And are you willing to pack and ship a piece of glass?

bdstone914
QUOTE(3stewarts @ Jul 6 2016, 07:57 PM) *

And I thought they were all the same. Still learning after all these years!

Any chance you've got a fender too?
And are you willing to pack and ship a piece of glass?

I can pack and ship a window. I sandwich them between a couple of thick pieces of styrofoam. I ave one right front fender that another member is supossed to get back to me and say if he wants it. What is the issue with yours? At least te forward part of my fender is good.
GaroldShaffer

3stewarts to help verify what type window you have / need, what does the mechanism look like that lifts the window? Does it kind of look like scissors (late style)or is it more like narrow rod (early style)?

Do you know is the door original to the car? Reason for asking is I have had cars in the past with doors from different years. The difference in the glass (early VS late) is how they attach to the lift mechanism.

Just throwing in my 2 cents so Bruce know for sure what style glass you need.
3stewarts
Gentlemen, thanks for the clarification. I have the later lift mechanism, (scissors type).

and the fender is crusty on the rearward part (nearest the door) and small dents in the front (nearest the marker lamp) It can be repaired but another fender would save some time.

Thanks
bdstone914
Got a nice later tinted window cleaned up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.