Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 Sale - sold for $30,000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orbit398
auction on 'bring-a-trailer'

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-2/
era vulgaris
Jesus! It was at $14k a few hours ago. I go mow the lawn and now it's more than doubled.
I think it was the color that did it. Engine bay wasn't nearly clean enough for me to think it would hit 30k.
Andyrew
I had a feeling it would get that high. I agree it was the color that did it. I thought the bumpers would hold it back...
dlee6204
Very surprising considering it had rust in the jack point, previous hell hole work, and no clear pictures of the passenger rear floor pan.

Love the color though and still a good looking car.
Cairo94507
Great looking car. I did not think it would reach those numbers either.

Man, we all need to revisit our insurance valuation to make sure we are appropriately insured.
green914
agree.gif like the color, blink.gif but 30k. WOW!
wes
It seems like they manage to sell cars at a very high $$ amount. Look at the 928 GTS 5 days left now at $31,000. That is the desirable (GTS) one but seemes high to me though I'm not really up on 928's.
Catorse
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 7 2016, 03:16 PM) *

It seems like they manage to sell cars at a very high $$ amount. Look at the 928 GTS 5 days left now at $31,000. That is the desirable (GTS) one but seemes high to me though I'm not really up on 928's.

A nice 928 GTS is worth over 100K.....
JawjaPorsche
I see rust, hate the undercoating, and a 1.8!

Battery tray has been replaced.

Engine was not detailed as the outside.

Somebody paid too too much for this 914! sad.gif

It that plumber pipe fittings in the picture?
Coondog
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 7 2016, 04:01 PM) *

Somebody paid too too much for this 914! sad.gif

Somebody paid the right price for this 914. smile.gif
wes
QUOTE(Catorse @ Jul 7 2016, 03:55 PM) *

Wow $$ had no idea, everythings going up but my income!
bretth
WTF looks like the plumbing under my basement sink. And the "corrosion limited to the passenger-side jacking point" is probably the surface of another half foot of rust unseen inside. It must be the documentation and low mileage that did it?

Brett
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 7 2016, 07:01 PM) *

It that plumber pipe fittings in the picture?
injunmort
i am sure this is accurate, no such thing as shill bidding on bat, only eBay.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Catorse @ Jul 7 2016, 02:55 PM) *

A low mile concours manual...interesting to see what it goes for.

Re: this 914....time to adjust your insurance values everyone!
Cal
Wow......nice car and great color! $30K is a lot of money for a low optioned non-appearance group 1.8L in #2 condition. Hagerty values a #1 - $26K & #2 - $16.5K.

Looks like I'll need to up my insurance.....
Menmojo
30,000.00 plus a 5% buyers premium = 31,500.00
Wow.....maybe the buyer has a case of Magnus Fever?
boxsterfan
Low original miles and the color brought that to $30K. I agree with earlier post about the body being in about #2 shape.
rick 918-S
I was talking to a guy that was bidding. We agreed the info was sketchy. Hood mis-match supposed to be done at the dealer when new as dealer prep turned out to be damage caused by the PO dropping an oil can on it, dirty oily engine does not clearly represent 40k miles. Rust repairs required. Brush painted battery tray and hell hole. Strange COA listing tartan but the car has vinyl. Car is sold but not delivered. Great price for the seller.
siverson
I tried a bid at $14,500 hoping it would stay low.

I actually don't think $30k is that high for this car. I think with lots of hours and $5k of parts/paint/etc, you could have a VERY nice 914. And then probably worth $30k or maybe $35k. At least that was my plan. But for now I'll stick with getting my orange car back together again.

-Steve
pete000
BAT gets a lot of viewers and the cars sell high usually.
whitetwinturbo
I asked Seller to show more detail behind passenger seat etc with very LITTLE compliance. There was no effort on Seller's part to stick a sharp object into the rusted passenger jack area. I suspect much more rust exists than was represented. This final price probably exceeded most watchers mindset.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.