Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Products Evaluation - Triadwest / Engmann
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Triad West Performance - Triad Exhaust System
only a few words can describe how i feel about this product. Just by looking at it, you can see the awesome workmanship and the care to details that dave put into this product. to say that it is "great" or "awesome" is a sever understatement. words cannot describe how much i love this exhaust and what it did to the overall feel of the car. smilie_pokal.gif

Dave, you make the most bitchin' exhaust known to the 914/4 community. smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

Skline, Mattr, one914racer, and joe buckle can all attest to how throaty and six like this exhaust sounds.
sound is only half of the exhaust game.....performance is the other.

This muffler system completely changed my power curve, for the better.

Gobs of torque, and more top end makes for a happy camper.

the dual exits are so freaking awesome....im sooo stoked. sounds soooo throaty and the moan on decdel is to die for......gawd, how did i live without this?

all people need to invest in these masterful works of art... such precision and performance... a must have guys.

Enmagn's 2.0 LightweightExhaust Hanger
to supplement the use of the triad, i invested in a 2,0 muffler hanger from mark bland (aka Engman).
again, mark offers a superb product to the market of 914's. The product is impeccable.... laser cut, lightening holes, and an anti-flex brace welded on. very awesome product, and most of all, fit, finish are superb...and it looks KILLER!!!!

Thanks for listening.....SKLINE has pics of the install...and can give his own account of how it drives, looks, and sounds....

Aaron

PS - dave, you rock!...Mark, your pieces are the best.
Grimstead
Where's the pictures? sad.gif I wanna see boldblue.gif I wanna see boldblue.gif
Oh yeah, and how much?

I've been thinking about a new exhaust (but then, I've been thinking about alot of new stuff for my car) for a while.
Aaron Cox
Support our vendors:
Triad West Performance

Engman (Mark Bland)
PM him now! biggrin.gif
Jeroen
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rhodyguy
i bet you are tempted to run without the rear valance, so you can look at the nice setup everytime you walk towards your car. plus, sort of the gt look. did you get the 2 staight out or the stock cut out style? the 6 version sounds great too.

k
skline
Ok, The batteries went dead half through the day so I didnt even get a video of Allan driving his car for the first time. I will get one of him driving it away when he comes back down to pick it up. I also need to get pictures of Aarons car all done and maybe a video of that driving away too. Next time he comes over. He are the pictures of what I got before the camera died.

skline
Another angle of the muffler. It really did sound awesome.
skline
The city of Costa Mesa prohibits working on your cars in the street so this is how a rebelious college kid does it. Parked the wrong way.
skline
Masterminds at work
skline
The professor borrows parts from his own car to test on Allans car to try to track down a problem.
skline
A close up of the professor who really gets into his work.
skline
Takes time out to smile for the camera.
skline
Allan buttoning everything up and making some last minute checks
Allan
Yep, I saw it and HEARD it. It really is a nice set-up. Sounds nice and deep without being too loud.
skline
Some of the pit crew
skline
And last but not least, Matt just standing around watching, of course at that point we all were. Now I am off to Joe Buckles house to weld in his Engman inner long reinforcement kit and then come back and pound on mine some more. Busy day.
Jeroen
I'm sure your neighbours are as excited about all these projects going on as you are laugh.gif
rhodyguy
chairfall.gif i'm sure the code enforcement people will be over informing scott that operating an automobile repair facility is illegal in a residential area. have you gotten the talk regarding speed and noise yet scott?

k

J P Stein
Hay, they work gud on sixers too!
Hard to believe, but I installed mine all by my own self. biggrin.gif
I run it as pictured......and it sounds gnarly....you can hear it at the far end of the AX course laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Apr 9 2005, 10:33 AM)
Hay, they work gud on sixers too!
Hard to believe, but I installed mine all by my own self. biggrin.gif
I run it as pictured......and it sounds gnarly....you can hear it at the far end of the AX course laugh.gif

ayup.....

i let scott drive it....

i could hear him hit 6k on the backside of his neighborhood..... wacko.gif laugh.gif
Garland
I would like to see it on a 4 cly if someone could post some pictures. I am thinking this is the way to go.
Thanks
Brando
that triad looks freakin awesome! How much did you snag that for?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Apr 9 2005, 12:16 PM)
that triad looks freakin awesome! How much did you snag that for?

www.triadwestperformance.com biggrin.gif
Brando
$320, nice.

I also took a look at their DB readings for noise... I love how on the chart they have:
Open tapered megaphones, off meter

Did you get the dual-outlet track unit, or the dual-outlet 90DB unit?
Grimstead
That really does looks nice. smilie_pokal.gif

Damn It headbang.gif One more thing for my list. Once my Wife see how much I've spent so far, she is going to regret ever talking me into getting my 75' running again happy11.gif

Oh well, the kids are still young, maybe I can dip into thier collage funds idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.