Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Value of 76 help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I went and looked at a 76 914 today with 90% original paint 69,000 miles all service documentation, nice interior no cracks , he'll hole looks good, wheel house looks good as well, all gaps good, trunk floor a little surface rust, rear driver side 1/4 repainted with receipt, 2.0 Fuchs2.0 engine. Underside of the engine and trans oilly, floor looks good and solid, longs feel good from where I could get my hand in, car looks very good from 5 feet. Not concours car but very very nice driver, car is silver, has A/C.. I think that's about it.. Has some chips and dings on the car and paint looks good not great..

Help with value as I have no idea with the crazy prices seen lately.
rhodyguy
What is it worth to you? See if other members concur with your figure.
mb911
I would think 12k ??
Jeffs9146
In California it is not worth that much!! Smog and all!!
mb911
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 8 2016, 12:56 PM) *

In California it is not worth that much!! Smog and all!!

Probably not .. I will post pictures. No mods have been made stock 100%
Tom_T
The Calif legislature is in the process of considering an extension of the smog exemption for classic cars up to 1985, but no final vote yet, the last I heard. So the 76's may become exempt too.

That said, go to the Hagerty classic car insurance website, & look at their valuation tool for a 76 914-2.0 - but be brutally honest with it's condition by their definitions at the lower left sidebar, to get to the correct value.

It sounds like it may be a nice low mile survivor, but you'd get documentation since day 1 that it really only has 69k - & not 169k, 269k, etc.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Ben's told me a bit about this car. I think he's got the mileage and service record documentation covered. Seems like a honest survivor. $12k might even be a steal for this one. California is a big state but not the only one. My guess is it goes in the mid teens.
rhodyguy
prob 15-17k east of the rockies?
mb911
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Thanks Mark for attaching the other picture.. I have seen the records so it is fairly easy to see it's 69k on the car in fact in 1980 it had 60k on it and then sat around allot as 9k from 1980 to current.
914Sixer
If you really want the car, try and buy it as cheap as possible. Looks like it is a survivor. I would not be put off by the fact it is a 76 but we do not have silly rules about old cars in Texas.
mepstein
In PA, like a lot of other states, we can do a one time registration fee for an antique tag and no inspection - ever. Insurance is less than $200/ year. Legal to drive to work on occasion. It makes it really easy to pick up a car like this silver one and start driving it right away.
mb911
Maybe the question should be what is the least this car is worth?
rhodyguy
Wow.
green914
12k seems like a reasonable price. agree.gif
rhodyguy
What type of car is under the cover in the background?
mb911
A 72 vw big convertible
Perry Kiehl Clone
If I was selling I'd try to get $15,000. If I was buying to flip, I'd want to pay $9 or 10, because it will probably need odds and ends, and paint?
porschetub
QUOTE(green914 @ Jul 10 2016, 02:38 AM) *

12k seems like a reasonable price. agree.gif

Don't see why not,it just looks good ,have a gut feeling about decent cars and this one works for me,not molested and mileage confirmed ,seems to be an original car also.
rhodyguy
Original silver paint?
mb911
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 10 2016, 06:19 AM) *

Original silver paint?

Everything but driver side rear 1/4 from what the body shop records show.
Drums66
......6 to 7K....Maybe? idea.gif
popcorn[1].gif (just my opinion)
mb911
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jul 10 2016, 09:09 AM) *

Wow that is surprisingly cheap. You must have a plethora of nice cars out your way for cheap.
Drums66
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 10 2016, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jul 10 2016, 09:09 AM) *

Wow that is surprisingly cheap. You must have a plethora of nice cars out your way for cheap.

...People are throwing around #'s of 15K for a 75' 4cyl 2.0, I would look at
Boxsters ; or at least 6 conversions for that dough!(I'm just saying)you have to separate business&falling in love!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.