Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for an air dam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I am getting ready to address the front bumper/air dam and need some sourcing suggestions. My car is Subie powered, so I am going to cut the bumper and mate it with an air dam which has an oil cooler cutout. I think this is a LE air dam, but I am not sure.

I am also running GT flares, so it would be nice if there was a suitable source. Any ideas where I should look?
Thanks
Ed
flmont
Iam not sure of the type they sell ,..but renegade hybrids offers a front valence with a cut-out,...
mgp4591
Look into parts sold by GT-Racing, Renegade, and Patrick Motorsports (right up the road from you). Also, air dams and such show up occasionally in the classifieds here too. Good luck!
wndsrfr
Really happy with the splitter from Roger Sheridan pictured in the center of this page, fits my flared car nicely.
http://sheridanmotorsports.com/porsche914.html
Roger even directed me to an East Coast source where I hit on a discount price as well. Nice guy....
Found it....here it is at Automotion:
http://www.automotion.com/performance-spoi...-1970-1976.html
Chris914n6
wndsrfr, how tall is that spoiler?
DBCooper
This is GT style valance and not a dam, but something like this for GT flares work? If not then would you have a photo of what you're looking for?

IPB Image

wndsrfr
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 9 2016, 12:50 PM) *

wndsrfr, how tall is that spoiler?

Here's a couple of pics....it's 7 1/2 inches tall....really helps the car over 120mph or so....kept planted at 145-153 at Daytona last Dec.
Forgive the chips & rubber marks....it's been on track for over 2 years, something like 4000 miles of DE's. The fit could be tightened up with another screw or two along the bumper...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.