Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what I found at Redmond Town Center this morning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
first.gif

I saw that it was no longer at Canepa and was wondering where it ended up. Did you get a chance to meet / talk to the owner?

Click to view attachment
cali914
Gorgeous looking car more pics if you can thanks
JOEPROPER
smoke.gif I love a flared car in black smoke.gif
mepstein
I'm planning to copy it for my suby build
rhodyguy
originally craig's perfectly wonderful 6 conversion car. the next owner spent a small fortune on it to build his 'dream'. for the day? not so small.
Andyrew
This is the raked roof 100k in metalwork car, right?

I wondered where it ended up.
rhodyguy
That's the one Andrew.
PanelBilly
Met the owner. Guy named Bruce Levin. Owns a couple 914 and a bunch of other car. Said he's waiting for his GT4rs to arrive. I think he's got a 934 too. Seemed like a nice guy.
Beach914
Is it Bruce Leven ? Wasn't he a racer ? Bayside Disposal ? He's probably collected some significant cars over his racing career.
Mueller
Glad to see it driven, that is great!
jim_hoyland
Very cool ! The car appeared at the 1st Medford WCR several years ago. Everything in the car has been custom made, very detailed. Glad To see the car is alive and active
PanelBilly
Yes it's Leven
sixnotfour
Silly Billy

bayside disposal
http://waste360.com/mag/waste_business_management_degrees

I changed his 962 rear axle rennsport...
his turbos license plate is TRASH

that 914 is perfect for him..
anderssj
His Bayside Motorsports was a good indie shop in "Redmondo" back in the early 1980s. Ralph Meaney's shop (Meaney West) was also in the area. Good times.
sixnotfour
Leven bought Meaney West, making it Bayside Racing ..meaney then moved around the area in smaller shops
rhodyguy
Shrewd buisness man.
My 914
Its very cool. The black on black with tinted windows also gives it a sinister look!
jrblackbox
that is an awesome looking car!
My 914
Does anyone know what it has for an engine and exhaust?
boxstr
The owner Bruce Leven passed away on September 15th at his home in Seattle. He had battled cancer.

Blackula, the 914, has a 3.2 with a special exhaust by Rothsport Motors.
Craig at CAMP
Elliot Cannon
I remember that car from the WCR in Medford. I think the guy that built it was the owner at the time. A real craftsman. It is more impressive in person. first.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 25 2017, 06:37 PM) *

I remember that car from the WCR in Medford. I think the guy that built it was the owner at the time. A real craftsman. It is more impressive in person. first.gif

That's where I saw it too. The owner at that time made his money with a dog food business of all things. He had it custom built by a high-end shop. There are other threads (including one from the actual build process) and tons more pics around here somewhere.

Rand
WCR 2011 in White City:

Click to view attachment
Rand
Another angle. Not sure who to credit for this amazing shot (maybe Craig?)

Click to view attachment
second wind
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 25 2017, 07:01 PM) *

WCR 2011 in White City:

Click to view attachment

Had to reply...OMG on Blackula!! Plus condolences to family and friends......seems he was a bit of the enthusiast as we say in 914 World.....
gg
Rand
Looks like someone "un-blacked" the tail lights since I saw it (compared to Billy's "newer" shot in the OP). I wonder where she is now?
PanelBilly
Sad to hear this. We had a nice morning just sitting on a bench and watching the cars arrive for the event.
scallyk9
I got there early but didn't see Blackula unfortunately. I just went where they directed me. A restored Bayside Disposal LeMans car was displayed near the center of the main display area with Hurley Haywood's name above the driver's door.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.