Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on 022 133 211 A
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Being a 'carb guy' I'm not well versed in the T4 FI systems. I have a pair of nice intake manifold tubes with part # 022 133 211 A.

I blasted and painted them several years ago and was planning to use them on my wife's 1.7L rebuild - just pulled them out of bagged-storage. I know they fit a T4, 4-stud head pattern, but have no idea for which motor? (1.7L, 1.8L) confused24.gif

Not finding any definite info searching with that part # on the web, and the 914 PET isn't listing that #. The PET lists 022 133 201 B (Left), and 022 133 202 B (Right) for 1.7L, nothing listed for a 1.8L ...

Anybody have good info on these?

... and, is there really different part #s for left & a right on a 1.7L? Both of the ones I have bear the same part #, but one has a hose/tube bendable tab tacked-on it.

Also, I remember someone saying that 1.8L tube diameters are just a tad larger than the 1.7L tubes ... is this true? confused24.gif
914Sixer
I know that the intake runners for the 1.8 are the same diameter as the the 2.0 L. Usually 021 prefix is for 1.7L and 022 prefix is for 1.8 . 022 is also used for the 2.0L bus motor. The bendable tab is for one of the hoses to the throttle body.
euro911
Forgot to say thanks, Mark. Thanks biggrin.gif

Turning my wife's 1.7L into a 1.9L, but keeping the stock D-jet F.I. ... so wondering if I should have the heads port-matched to the intake manifolds?

(... and yes, I realize the MPS may need to be re-calibrated) idea.gif
Mikey914
I have the rubber for the manifold to intake runners for the 2.0/1.8 and the 1.7 the 1.7 is the oddball from the diameter of the tube. Just let me know if you need them
euro911
I went looking for the OEM 1.7L coupling hoses a couple of years ago and was told they were NLA. Hard to fathom, with all the VWs that use them confused24.gif

I got lucky (I think) and bought the last 4 IPC had in stock - hope I can remember where I stashed them, since I'll be installing the F.I. system on my wife's motor in the near future sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.