Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a Scotty B in the Seattle Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
Well, in the garage war for top dog, the New Moto Guzzi Norge exerted itself, and tipped over falling onto the 912E's door making a nice gouge....... MFSSOAB........

Had the bike a week, went on a long ride came back tired, rest is history, and I guess the Norge thinks it is top dog in the garage.... first it pissed all over the floor on its first oil change now this................... sheeplove.gif poke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif

So much for saving $3000 on the purchase of the new bike..... I am looking for recommendations for a good (great) body shop in the Seattle area, anyone know of one? 3 Bourbons on the rocks............ still angry beyond words........
rick 918-S
Dude... sad.gif
altitude411
blink.gif Dude.... barf.gif
Cairo94507
Bummer! But nothing that talent can't fix. beer3.gif
Gunn1
Sometimes people make mistakes.

I guess you will eventually meet a great body man by accident.

I'm sure the 912E has already forgiven the Norge.
anderssj
Talk to Chris Powell in Bellevue--he may know somebody . . .

http://www.chrisgerman.com/aboutus.html
rhodyguy
DUDE!!!!!
RickS
Eurotech in Bellevue or Emerald City in Redmond are both top notch. They have worked on my cars and have been excellent. Pricey but excellent.
rhodyguy
PM sent.
Bulldog9
Woke up this morning hoping it was a dream, it wasnt. Touched up the gash which was down to the metal with some leather brown rustoleum to discourage rust. Is a dent/gash about the size of a golf ball. Will call Hagerty later today to see how to proceed.

Totally my fault though, I normally park the bikes diagonal and far enough apart so if something falls over this doesn't happen, but I came back from teh ride and wanted to put it on the center stand to check things over, went to put it up on the center stand and the next thing I knew the bike was falling away from me....... I havent dropped a bike in 25+ years and in 35 years of riding NEVER when putting on a center stand. cough it up to new platform. My FJR popped up with little effort, the Norge not so much, but oh well......... Hopefully will be an easy fix.

Here is the offender. She's pretty but she is a bitch......... Guzzi's are known to have personality, but this is taking it too far. The GRiSO has always played well with others.
Drums66
.......Keep him(Scotty b)in Siberia poke.gif
barf.gif
mountainroads
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Jul 9 2016, 09:44 PM) *

Well, in the garage war for top dog, the New Moto Guzzi Norge exerted itself, and tipped over falling onto the 912E's door making a nice gouge....... MFSSOAB........

Had the bike a week, went on a long ride came back tired, rest is history, and I guess the Norge thinks it is top dog in the garage.... first it pissed all over the floor on its first oil change now this................... sheeplove.gif poke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif

So much for saving $3000 on the purchase of the new bike..... I am looking for recommendations for a good (great) body shop in the Seattle area, anyone know of one? 3 Bourbons on the rocks............ still angry beyond words........

Wow. Sorry to hear. That really sux sad.gif

As anderssj suggested, Chris Powell is an excellent resource for things Porsche. He knows who the good shops are and will tell you straight.

I personally recommend Kerstan Rillos at Rillos Restoration in Kent. Highly regarded for his 356 and 911 work. He's currently working on my 914. He's not cheap, but none of the good ones are. PM me if you want more info.

- MR
6freak
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Jul 9 2016, 09:44 PM) *

Horton resoration ...on Horton street in Georgetown ..good luck
smile.gif
mountainroads
Oh yeah: I'll bite and display my ignorance. I must be missing the cultural reference. Who is Scotty B? (I can Google as well as anyone and came up empty for likely suspects.) Thanks in advance.

- MR
jd74914
QUOTE(mountainroads @ Jul 11 2016, 02:32 PM) *

Oh yeah: I'll bite and display my ignorance. I must be missing the cultural reference. Who is Scotty B? (I can Google as well as anyone and came up empty for likely suspects.) Thanks in advance.

- MR

He's a really talented body guy in NoVA whose screen name here is ScottyB.

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects
2mAn
Im drawing a blank but when I lived in Seattle, there was a very well trusted shop in Lake City.
sixnotfour
magic custom marv engstrom...appointment only
6freak
Jason Davine also has a shop and does nice work i think its near kenmore
smile.gif
Bulldog9
Thanks guys. I'll be making some calls this week. I called Haggerty, they were very cool about it, 0 deductible, shop of my choice.
Daiberl
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 11 2016, 02:04 PM) *

Jason Davine also has a shop and does nice work i think its near kenmore
smile.gif

His screen name here is JTdevine
Bulldog9
Well, one of the 'joys' of my job is the occasional unexpected little adventures in places far from my home. I'm back, so time to start getting serious about getting the car fixed. I'm almost over the shock, and here is the damage. Hopefully an easy fix.
rhodyguy
The guy I suggested. Sending pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.