Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Metal Sections - Frunk and Trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BeatNavy
Looking to purchase some metal sections for my project. If you've got a parts car with solid sections of the following that you can cut and ship to 20165, please let me know:

1. Need the front trunk (frunk) section that approximates the section I have highlighted in red below. That red box is sort of the "minimum" that I need.
Click to view attachment

2. The rear trunk section for a '75. I could buy the Resto Design section for this, but it requires some decent modification to fit a '75. if you have a section with the minimum amount shown below and are willing to cut/ship, let me know:
Click to view attachment

Thanks!

rob
GaroldShaffer
I should have a front trunk pan section I cut out of a parts car. I will check it out tomorrow morning and make sure it covers the area you need. Will post a few pictures here tomorrow.
cary
Rob, I think you'll be ok with the RD piece. Looks like you only need the center section. The ends are the portions that need to be reworked.
Just make sure to fit the back first. So it's tight against the tail light panel.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 10 2016, 09:57 PM) *

I should have a front trunk pan section I cut out of a parts car. I will check it out tomorrow morning and make sure it covers the area you need. Will post a few pictures here tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks Garold. If the piece you have doesn't quite cover all that red box area I should still be ok, provided it gets most of the back. There's a lot less rust up on the forward part (and more in the back, as evidenced by the big gaping hole).

QUOTE(cary @ Jul 11 2016, 12:54 AM) *

Rob, I think you'll be ok with the RD piece. Looks like you only need the center section. The ends are the portions that need to be reworked.
Just make sure to fit the back first. So it's tight against the tail light panel.

Hey Cary, I was wondering about that. Then maybe I'll go ahead and get the RD piece. Question for you - I haven't really thought about it too much, but if I'm planning on backdating the bumpers on this and end up removing those bumper shocks, would the whole rear RD piece fit without mod at that point?

Thanks guys!
GaroldShaffer
here is what I have. Looks like it should work for you front trunk.

BeatNavy
Looks like a big winner to me, Garold. I'll send you a PM.

I went ahead and purchased the RD piece for the rear trunk. Now I can have frunk 'n trunk taken care of.

Thanks again, fellas.
cary
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 11 2016, 02:54 AM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Jul 11 2016, 12:54 AM) *

Hey Cary, I was wondering about that. Then maybe I'll go ahead and get the RD piece. Question for you - I haven't really thought about it too much, but if I'm planning on backdating the bumpers on this and end up removing those bumper shocks, would the whole rear RD piece fit without mod at that point?

Should have no issues. Corners need a little fiddling, but pretty straight forward.
You need the couple pieces in the yellow circle below.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Biggest issue is whether to install a new tow hook receiver or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.