Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 20 Year Mystery Solved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I have had this factory radio plate around for 20 years and never could figure out what radio it went with. Over the years I have posted pictures and asked questions, it was never solved by the collective mind. Well, I am now happy biggrin.gif to report I have solved the mystery quite by accident. It turns out it was a VERY rarely installed factory radio. The radio used with this plate was made by Blaupunkt and Grundig to VW specifications. The radios came in all sorts of versions. LW/AM LW/AM/SW AND LW/AM/FM.

The Answer: Emden and Wolfsburg radio
Gunn1
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 10 2016, 08:45 PM) *

I have had this factory radio plate around for 20 years and never could figure out what radio it went with. Over the years I have posted pictures and asked questions, it was never solved by the collective mind. Well, I am now happy biggrin.gif to report I have solved the mystery quite by accident. It turns out it was a VERY rarely installed factory radio. The radio used with this plate was made by Blaupunkt and Grundig to VW specifications. The radios came in all sorts of versions. LW/AM LW/AM/SW AND LW/AM/FM.

The Answer: Emden and Wolfsburg radio

Huh....Click to view attachment

Found it in the 72' frunk I have the faceplate and knobs as well!

Click to view attachment

Not sure if it works.
Krieger
Good work! That's persistence. Were you just looking at radios for sale on the Samba and got lucky? Were those pics from the Samba enough for you to figure it out?
914Sixer
The 1st Samba picture is what made me put it all together. I had never seen the radio with the front plate off. It looks like the radio in the picture from OU812 shows that the mounting system had changed by 1972. I know for a fact that I took the bracket out of a 1970 car.
bretth
I had the same radio as your last pic with the two orange sliders. It was original in my 68 Vw camper. Wish I could have kept that car.

Brett
Charles Danek
That is one sweet looking factory-install Emden radio bracket! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.