Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FREE A/C Unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Beach914
Don't know if anyone interested or not but I started taking out the after market A/C unit in my 74. All I have are the underdash unit and the condenser. Don't know what happened to the compressor.

Free to anyone that might need it for parts or whatever........

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
snakemain
Wish I was closer. 100+ degrees everyday makes me wish I had some A/C.
euro911
I still have a trunk condenser here too - sold the under-dash unit (cheap) a few years ago.

I think one would need a newer version compressor anyway (R134A), the old stuff was R-12.
Charles Danek
I'll take it! I am going to be near Huntington Beach on Wednesday - PM sent!
Beach914
Crap !! That was fast . Now Im going to to have a hole in the bottom of my car until I get a new trunk floor section from a donor somewhere.
Beach914
Gone. Charles came by and picked it up.
euro911
He stopped by here before noon and grabbed an engine stand too ... busy boy biggrin.gif
Beach914
Yeah nice guy. He's a 912 enthusiast that now has a 70 914 that he is playing around with. More converts every day! I asked him to pass it on if he found it didn't meet his needs.
Charles Danek
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jul 13 2016, 07:23 PM) *

Yeah nice guy. He's a 912 enthusiast that now has a 70 914 that he is playing around with. More converts every day! I asked him to pass it on if he found it didn't meet his needs.

Gentlemen: Very nice meeting you both!

Thanks for the engine stand and the AC unit.

Dave, I will absolutely pass it along if it does not work out.

Mark, a cool thing happened after we parted ways this morning. I had a little time between when my lunch meeting ended and the time I was supposed to meet Dave, so I called buddy in Downey who I thought might be able to help me bend the stand bracket back into shape. When I got there, it turned out he had a couple extra brackets just laying around, including a duplicate of the one on the stand you sold me. It was in great shape - it didn't even have a single dent on the shaft! So now the stand is all sorted.

All in all a great day all around... and it all becomes part of the story of my car: http://coincd.com/sites/914/index.html

Best,

Charlie
euro911
Cool thumb3d.gif

To say Charles is a '912 enthusiast' is a bit of an understatement poke.gif

We'll have to get together again to talk about 912s more in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.