Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many of yall would pay $30K for a 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Nice looking car but I'm a CSOB and would not pay $30k for any 914... biggrin.gif
BeatNavy
Is that a single carb as well? blink.gif
locorico1013
Those guys are smoking crack with that number.
Rand
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 11 2016, 10:53 AM) *

Is that a single carb as well? blink.gif

For those bucks, you need something unique. Dual carbs or FI are too common. Maybe this is that one... the one carb that passed the float test!
laugh.gif
malcolm2
that is a nice looking car... But for that kinda $ I would expect a new padded dash, not a plastic cover. You can tell by looking in the corners by the gauge hump and the difference in the ashtray and the dash.

That knocks $10K off of it for me. piratenanner.gif
PanelBilly
Not for me!
JeffBowlsby
As nice as this car looks, it has many flaws...whose gonna start the list...? laugh.gif
Darren C
Looks on first glance to be a nice car. Personally for that price I'd want better attention to the paint job around the Karmann plate and VIN decal, plus loose that wooden wheel (looks so wrong on its own in there) It's actually a fair price in comparison to the Europe Market place, but by the time shipping and duties would be paid it tips it over into the expensive bracket, and we'd go buy local.

That said, shouldn't we all be encouraging prices to go up (looking after our own interests and all?)
jrblackbox
Very nice car, I don't know if they will get 30k for it, but it's nice to see the price continue to go up for 914's in general.
Mike Bellis
Restoration cost $6k? That doesn't cover much... Sounds more like repairs cost $6k...
rhodyguy
Something looks amiss with the driver's door. Nicely staged photos.
Mueller
Great looking car, too bad about the motor and that poor choice with the carb. I'm guessing they ran out of money or are one of those people that just care about appearance.

cpavlenko
Drivers door not aligned to good.
era vulgaris
Where've you guys been? This car's been floating around for a while at an ever increasing price poke.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=marathon
rick 918-S
This is a much better deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-6-Conv...%3D322186395920
PlantMan
Navigation Radio in a 914????

Stupid.........Unless you are into that kinda thing!
PlantMan
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 11 2016, 12:28 PM) *

Same dealer.

Looks like a car that was for sales here in LA for awhile.
Big Len
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 11 2016, 03:28 PM) *

agree.gif
Gunn1
Everyone knows EFI is the way to go...
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 11 2016, 12:52 PM) *

Nice looking car but I'm a CSOB and would not pay $30k for any 914... biggrin.gif

Yeah it looks nice from the pics but I see 2 things I don't like at all in a $30k car. The carb of course...and:

Click to view attachment

That don't look right. Rest of the lines look good.
JawjaPorsche
I agree with yall about the door fit. Something doesn't look right about the build and paint code plate. Why is two pins missing? It doesn't fit right in the jam. Possible accident there?
jmitro
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 11 2016, 01:27 PM) *

Restoration cost $6k? That doesn't cover much... Sounds more like repairs cost $6k...

that's what I was thinking, too. not much of a restoration
era vulgaris
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Jul 11 2016, 03:40 PM) *

Same dealer.

Sounds painful lol-2.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 11 2016, 01:31 PM) *

Everyone knows EFI is the way to go...

Nope, I'd at least do dual carbs if doing carbs.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 11 2016, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 11 2016, 03:28 PM) *

agree.gif

icon8.gif

$36K, mirrors are wrong, missing fog lights, missing cigarette lighter, has plastic dash cap, what are the switches about the ventilation controls for? No pictures of the underside at all or trunk floors. It that rust bubbles under the sail vinyl? Swaybars? what kind of shocks? What oil tank are they using the filler neck doesn't look correct to me for a /6

rhodyguy
At a second glance, the pass door isn't that swell either.
Chris H.
agree.gif Thank you Kevin. Didn't want to be the "door gap guy".

rhodyguy
The bottom rear door corner catches my eye. Then follow the path. rolleyes.gif Oh.
SKL1
Somehow bluetooth and USB ports, etc just don't sound right in a 914 smile.gif
cali914
QUOTE(locorico1013 @ Jul 11 2016, 10:59 AM) *

Those guys are smoking crack with that number.

Ditto nothing else needs to be said. icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.