Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's wrong with this picture?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
black73
Besides focus....

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Wrong color ...

L64K = Zambezi/Forest Green

smile.gif
black73
Correct! COA says Phoenix Red.
Mikey914
Reused tag from another car?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 11 2016, 05:11 PM) *

The rivets look original ...
idea.gif
Tom_T
More likely that the PCNA COA staff screwed up yet another COA! dry.gif

Contact them to make sure what color code they see on the Kardex by number - not name - & see if it matches. Don't be afraid to go up the ladder to supervisor, manager, & even the GM of Customer Care, because they will try to blow you off!

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
black73
Well, the car is Phoenix Red. No evidence of color change anywhere. Too much of a coincidence for the color change to be same as COA error. I'm gonna go with factory tag mix up.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 11 2016, 05:32 PM) *
More likely that the PCNA COA staff screwed up yet another COA! dry.gif

Contact them to make sure what color code they see on the Kardex by number - not name - & see if it matches. Don't be afraid to go up the ladder to supervisor, manager, & even the GM of Customer Care, because they will try to blow you off!

Aehm, the car's original color goes with what the COA says. It's the plate that is incorrect.
poke.gif
BillC
I went through this with PCNA last year, trying to get my COA corrected. I finally had to point them to the paint color codes page on this site (here) to finally get them to agree that "26" (what was in their records) is not the same as "26G", which is what they put on the COA. BTW, "26" is Saturn Yellow and equates to L13M, which is what is stamped on my tag. "26G", on the other hand, is Conda Green, and wasn't even available on a '73.

It took a while, but they finally apologized and sent me a corrected COA. Unfortunately, there isn't much info on the COA besides color and engine serial -- no trans serial, MSRP or even options listed.
SirAndy
QUOTE(BillC @ Jul 11 2016, 06:56 PM) *
I went through this with PCNA last year, trying to get my COA corrected. I finally had to point them to the paint color codes page on this site (here) to finally get them to agree that "26" (what was in their records) is not the same as "26G", which is what they put on the COA. BTW, "26" is Saturn Yellow and equates to L13M, which is what is stamped on my tag. "26G", on the other hand, is Conda Green, and wasn't even available on a '73.

It took a while, but they finally apologized and sent me a corrected COA. Unfortunately, there isn't much info on the COA besides color and engine serial -- no trans serial, MSRP or even options listed.

Guys, his COA is correct ...
confused24.gif biggrin.gif
MarkV
I guess you have no choice and will have to paint it green.

McMark
Chassis number matches the one under the dash? wink.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 11 2016, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 11 2016, 05:11 PM) *

The rivets look original ...
idea.gif

I've got replacement rivets, so it is possible to have swapped.
Need some rivets and a placard?
You would have to stamp it, but may be easiest way to correct.

http://shop.914rubber.com/Paint-placard-me...m?categoryId=-1
Frankvw
Hi, you mention : " No evidence of color change anywhere."
But from the Karmann Tag itself you can see it had some paint done, it is on the edges of the Tag itself. Or is this optical illusion in the photo ?
black73
The Phoenix Red has had a respray at some point.
black73
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 11 2016, 10:22 PM) *

Chassis number matches the one under the dash? wink.gif

Don't know. I'll have to check that out!
black73
Chassis # in trunk matches chassis # on tag. 2959583!
poorsche914
I had a '73 914 that was originally Sunflower Yellow. It had a tag with Phoenix Red code.

driving.gif
green914
I think a new placard from 914 Rubber would be the easiest fix. aktion035.gif
black73
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 12 2016, 07:45 AM) *

I had a '73 914 that was originally Sunflower Yellow. It had a tag with Phoenix Red code.

driving.gif

Interesting. Looks like something got out of sequence on the '73 assembly line at some point. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.