Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWebber
Just wanted to drop in and say hi . Been over 25 years since I owned a 914 , wild kid and dad took it and sold it with a quickness . Seems lately I am buying all the cars I had back in my teens and early 20`s . Anyhow , I have spent the last 15 years or so in the watercooled VW/Audi camp . I had this crazy idea about putting a 1.8T engine in a 914 and upon searching , low and behold I found a couple of them here already . I picked up a roller from another member over the weekend and I will have a parts car along with a stash of parts from a guy I know that is getting out of them all together by the end of the week . I believe I have already found my drivetrain donor as well , so this should move along fairly quick as long as work doesn`t put me on 12 hour days or flip flopping from day to night . I`ll start a build thread once I am able to do so . I`ll add current pics and a list of the end goal . Til then , have a great day .
SirAndy
welcome.png
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png
Garland
Welcome,

welcome.png
Mike Bellis
welcome.png

I have one of those 1.8t's... evilgrin.gif
76-914
welcome.png Looking forward to your build.
whitetwinturbo
beer.gif grouphug.gif beer.gif
sb914
welcome.png
wndsrfr
QUOTE(JWebber @ Jul 11 2016, 03:30 PM) *

Just wanted to drop in and say hi . Been over 25 years since I owned a 914 , wild kid and dad took it and sold it with a quickness . Seems lately I am buying all the cars I had back in my teens and early 20`s . Anyhow , I have spent the last 15 years or so in the watercooled VW/Audi camp . I had this crazy idea about putting a 1.8T engine in a 914 and upon searching , low and behold I found a couple of them here already . I picked up a roller from another member over the weekend and I will have a parts car along with a stash of parts from a guy I know that is getting out of them all together by the end of the week . I believe I have already found my drivetrain donor as well , so this should move along fairly quick as long as work doesn`t put me on 12 hour days or flip flopping from day to night . I`ll start a build thread once I am able to do so . I`ll add current pics and a list of the end goal . Til then , have a great day .

Welcome....you're in with a great "extended family" here....if you're near Tidewater VA, drop a PM & come by for a ride in 2.3/4 & a 2.7/6.....
Dave_Darling
You know we really, really like pictures of your 914, right? biggrin.gif

--DD
Gmanscott55
welcome.png

Good luck with the build.
PanelBilly
Welcome and post some photos of the car
Drums66
........WELCOME...
bye1.gif
green914
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.