Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cornerlot
I'm new to 914's, previously I've just fooled with 911's.

I now have a '70 914-6 with the fuel tank out and need to replace the rubber grommets for the fuel lines. These are where the 2 fuel lines (different O.D.'s) enter the tunnel under the tank, both going through their own OVAL holes (one line per hole).

Any ideas? The closest I found are the PN 111957861 oval grommets for the brake reservoir lines and fuel in the 914-4 engine bay. The PET shows both a NLA single large oval grommet in some cars set up for 2 lines, or a un-pictured NLA grommet PN 99970209550 for single lines.

Steve
napasteve
Your 914-6 setup is different than my 73 2.0 pictured below. I reused my single big grommet when installing SS lines; it was in good condition. You might contact Chris at Tangerine Racing. He may be able to help you.

Click to view attachment
altitude411
Mark carries these 10 mm as well as 8 mm.
http://shop.914rubber.com/Fuel-line-grommet-10mm-10mmFLG.htm
Rotary'14
Hi,,
914-6 has front grommets similiar to the engine shelf grommets. I have those available at $4 each plus shipping.

-Robert
Mikey914
Yep, I have the rear ones. If you can't find what you need. I can probably make it. Just let me know.
Cornerlot
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 12 2016, 12:36 PM) *

Yep, I have the rear ones. If you can't find what you need. I can probably make it. Just let me know.

The round ones won't work, they are larger and oval. The engine shelf ones may work. Right now I have the stock lines, so angled 8mm and 10mm should work.

Steve
Cornerlot
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jul 12 2016, 10:34 AM) *

Your 914-6 setup is different than my 73 2.0 pictured below. I reused my single big grommet when installing SS lines; it was in good condition. You might contact Chris at Tangerine Racing. He may be able to help you.

Click to view attachment

That 914-4 grommet is larger than my single line grommets. The dual line one is NLA any ways.

Steve
Cornerlot
A picture before they fell apart ...

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Those do look an awful lot like the engine shelf grommets.

--DD
Mikey914
Well I have these, which I think you may be referring to. They are the larger ID

http://shop.914rubber.com/Vent-hose-bushin...99970204950.htm
Mikey914
And of course these on the fuel shelf

http://shop.914rubber.com/Vent-hose-bushin...99970204950.htm
Cornerlot
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 13 2016, 02:38 AM) *

And of course these on the fuel shelf

The fuel shelf ones look more oval, and those charcoal canister grommets have holes too big. I'll order the fuel shelf ones and give them a try.

Thanks.

Steve
Mikey914
thanks Steve,
They are elliptical, the angle of the photo is distorting the perspective. Yes my photography sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.