Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru sensors to keep
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Subaru gurus i call upon your knowledge, i need to know what sensors i need. For instance what do i do about the downstream o2 sensor since i dont have a cat or what is necessary to either run a vss? Anything like this is helpful as i want to make sure i have it tight before i go further. Thanks all!
jimkelly
the bible i am using for my 1990 ej22.
you need to tell us if you are planning to use stock ecu, i'm assuming you are.
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=136053
zipedadoo
Also depends on what year Subaru you're using.

On my 96 2.2...

Down stream O2 sensor not needed. Will throw a code but won't affect how it runs.

If you use the subaru transmission it will have the VSS unless it's a 1996 or older if it is or if you are using the porsche transmission then you will have to make one or buy a kit to install one on the CV axle.

tazz9924
im using stock ecu ej205 and Subaru trans
mepstein
On my eg33 (svx), I keep the O2 sensors.
tazz9924
I assume u don't have a cat, does it weird it out at all
mepstein
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jul 12 2016, 10:59 PM) *

I assume u don't have a cat, does it weird it out at all

I haven't ran the car yet but the tech that worked my ecu harness said I needed to keep the O2 sensors. He's done a lot of harnesses. I'll defer to his experience.

Correct, no cat.
rnellums
The eg33 is a vintage that doesnt have a post cat sensor, my ez30 throws a code for not having the post cat sensor and a few others, but hasnt effected drivability. Safe bet is keep any sensor on the engine harness, VSS, and pre-cat o2 sensors. The ecu may also need to see a signal/short from the transmission/neutral safety switch.

Vss can double as speedometer signal using something like speedo healer to convert the pulses (I.e. to an electronic 911 speedometer)
76-914
agree.gif The rear CAT is used only for emission reports so not necessary in your case. The VSS should be re-connected to the ECU. It will run w/o it but it will stall momentarily every 6 min's when on the hi way. beerchug.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 13 2016, 08:38 AM) *

agree.gif The rear CAT is used only for emission reports so not necessary in your case. The VSS should be re-connected to the ECU. It will run w/o it but it will stall momentarily every 6 min's when on the hi way. beerchug.gif

that sounds like it sucks maybe u should get that checked out lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.