Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 TURBO CARRERA DIED TODAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Oil pump failure ................ its going to be a long summer...........
mattillac
sorry. have a couple beer3.gif beer3.gif and regroup. good luck.
mike_the_man
Sorry to hear that. Back on jack stands like every body else.

neo914-6
No death, just temporary illness...
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Apr 9 2005, 04:25 PM)
Sorry to hear that. Back on jack stands like every body else.

Not everybody. wink.gif
iamchappy
I have two options right now, fix the engine or look for a nice used one and get rolling again.
TimT
since its a highly stressed /6 that will be apart.. you need to do this to your center main bearing... it will keep 2&4 rods happy happy joy joy with oil.
TimT
Ill mod your bearing, just send it out to me, I can have it back in a few days..

Also, oil pump failures are quite rare!!! are you sure thats the culprit?
Jeroen
man that $uck$ headbang.gif
like Tim mentioned... you don't hear of the oilpump failing much
what damage did it do?
ejm
from iamchappy's other thread:
the oil pump shaft is broken at the spline end where the cerclip attaches oppisite the pump

I saw this happen once...a stray nut got into the oil line and locked the pump...engine had no bearing damage but it had been shut down quickly
iamchappy
The intermediate shafts splined end at the front of the engine where it connects to the connecting coupler shaft via the circlip broke. The pump seized as far as I can see and broke the shaft. Beats the hell out of me. I spent the other night working on all the little things I had to finally do, and this morning was the maiden voyage for the new turbo and install, the pump could of failed me any time or place it just so happened pulling up to my driveway.
iamchappy
Surprising the idiot light never went on, so I didn't immediately notice the oil pressure drop. and the knock even though it does sound like a rod bearing, maybe the noise will be something else related to the pump seizing. Any way it will all get checked out, How does a nut end up in an oil line?
seanery
that sucks dude!
Especially since the oil pump isn buried in the vey bottom of the case!
Joe Bob
Multi Vintage Hot Rod Porsche families are happy families....good luck. All it takes is money.....
sixnotfour
since its a highly stressed /6 that will be apart.. you need to do this to your center main bearing... it will keep 2&4 rods happy happy joy joy with oil.

Don't you also need to crossdrill the crankshaft thru the main journal intersecting the 2/4 rod oil passage for this to work?
iamchappy
I cant wait to find that piece of sh-t debris in the pump and figure out how the wife got it in there. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
This one is from a Connecting Rod Flailing around.
iamchappy
If I hadnt just taken a shower and put on my pajamas I would go take a picture, tomorrow I will post the completion of the intercooler install and other related cool turbo things, and the broken shaft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.