Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crashdown's car was totaled bummed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Bummer sad.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/11205...em=112054645209
wes
Sorry, looks and sounds like a very sweet car, best of luck on the sale.
Cuda911
No insurance? Can anyone guess the repair cost? Looks like a great car and look fixable! Sure hope someone saves it.
Chris914n6
I actually have a nose section. idea.gif

Looks like a high hit at the belt line. Not enough pics. Floor and suspension points intact? What do you think? Should I go for it? confused24.gif
Andyrew
I think its fixable... give yourself 10k to fix it and its still a good buy...

I would bet 50hrs, a front clip, hood, fender, lights, and an alignment.
Cairo94507
Oh noooooooo! That just sucks. Very sorry to see that.
Chris H.
Man that was a nice car. Unfortunately only one of the exterior pics is valid any more. Someone should go see it and see if the top fits, door gaps, etc. It MIGHT not be as bad as it looks. See how he kind of went under what he hit?
Andyrew
Honestly if I wasnt in the middle of my build I would pick that up and fix it myself....
Chris H.
Can't hurt to look poke.gif .
2mAn
added to my watch list. Lets see where it is towards the end, I might actually bid on it

does he have a build thread here?
matthepcat
The builder is still semi active here. I emailed him about his car and he responded.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=10453
2mAn
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jul 13 2016, 08:22 AM) *

The builder is still semi active here. I emailed him about his car and he responded.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=10453

I think he lives in the same city as my brother, Im going to try and connect them together so we can see what the drive side looks like
CrashDown
Yup, that was my car. I sold it about 3 or 4 months ago. Sadly, sold it to the wrong person. Hope one of you guys can pick it up and rebuild her. Lots of good memories with that thing.
2mAn
QUOTE(CrashDown @ Jul 13 2016, 11:29 AM) *

Yup, that was my car. I sold it about 3 or 4 months ago. Sadly, sold it to the wrong person. Hope one of you guys can pick it up and rebuild her. Lots of good memories with that thing.

Matt, I just emailed you back. Sucks to see this...
Mueller
QUOTE(CrashDown @ Jul 13 2016, 11:29 AM) *

I showed the car to the wife, she too likes the wheels...Hopefully it goes to a new home....
JOEPROPER
Very unfortunate!!! I'm sure it'll go for more than the $1500 listed. It wasn't a factory original before the accident and can be repaired and enjoyed as it was before. Sure to be a nice find for someone handy. sawzall-smiley.gif smoke.gif
popcorn[1].gif
2mAn
Ive emailed the ebay seller and he told me he would try to get more pics this afternoon. If I actually get them I will post them up here
rick 918-S
High hit. Work depends on your ability to pull the inner panels back.
green914
OUCH! sad.gif
Mr.Nobody
Those wheels... sheeplove.gif
Mike Bellis
If anyone here buys it, I have a front clip, cut from the firewall forward. Not perfect but better than this one. Free to a good home...
JRust
Am bidding on it but basically the guy is going to end the auction early. He has multiple people trying to buy it outside the auction. Including the body shop where it is located. It's going to take $3500 + to get it. Which I am not doing
matthepcat
Maybe potential buyers think this car could sell for $20k. Nice car, but custom cars don't sell in the 20's without a high dollar engine conversion and no accident/rust damage.

Maybe I am off base in this thinking?
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jul 15 2016, 02:39 PM) *

Maybe potential buyers think this car could sell for $20k. Nice car, but custom cars don't sell in the 20's without a high dollar engine conversion and no accident/rust damage.

Maybe I am off base in this thinking?

agree.gif but worth it for a nice repaired driver...
JOEPROPER
Jrust, do the math... it's probably not that bad if the body shop is hot for it. If you get it for $4k, transport to you for $500-$800 + $4k in body work = $9kish for a nice car. Doesn't seem bad to me.
Chris H.
Did anyone get more pictures of it? I'm not bidding BTW. Way beyond my wheelhouse.
2mAn
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 15 2016, 12:25 PM) *

Did anyone get more pictures of it? I'm not bidding BTW. Way beyond my wheelhouse.

I did, here's a few
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Let's see if I did it right
Mueller
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jul 15 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Jrust, do the math... it's probably not that bad if the body shop is hot for it. If you get it for $4k, transport to you for $500-$800 + $4k in body work = $9kish for a nice car. Doesn't seem bad to me.

He might have barely gotten that $9K price before it was wrecked. Car should be bought as a labor of love and for a keeper, not to fix and flip like some of those crappy car shows....my opinion of course smile.gif

I don't care how well done the new repair is, the car will be "tainted" due to this new damage. Not saying it cannot be repaired correctly or darn near impossible to tell, but I would hope the new buyer would be forth coming with the repair since we've all seen it now!

Another negative to this car is the wheels. I love them, I also know that if one gets damaged beyond repair you'll be in the market for 4 new wheels since good luck getting another one.

Yes, the halves can be bought or made at $250 each, not cheap or easy.
1stworks
QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Jul 13 2016, 09:32 PM) *

Those wheels... sheeplove.gif

+1
r_towle
QUOTE(CrashDown @ Jul 13 2016, 02:29 PM) *

Might want a different screen name to change the karma.
Chris H.
Yikes....that e-bay pic is pretty carefully angled. How can he not show the drivers side in the ad? Door gap isn't terrible though.
2mAn
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 15 2016, 09:25 PM) *

Yikes....that e-bay pic is pretty carefully angled. How can he not show the drivers side in the ad? Door gap isn't terrible though.

Yea the extra pics he sent me still doesnt include a direct side shot...
Andyrew
Eek. Ya that front suspension is going to be tweaked if even just a small amount...

I agree, very careful photo chosen.
Chris914n6
Just went to check current price... listing removed from Ebay. Last bid $2551 by b***b.

One of us make a cash deal?

Nevermind. Link here works. I click on it from my Ebay watch list and it says removed. ar15.gif Ebay programmers.
2mAn
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 16 2016, 06:21 PM) *

Just went to check current price... listing removed from Ebay. Last bid $2551 by b***b.

One of us make a cash deal?

Still shows active for me?...
2mAn
Sold for $2750, I was tempted to bid $2770 kinda glad I didn't. It was worth it in parts, but leaving it somewhere would've been difficult to manage. Let's see if it resurfaces somewhere
rhodyguy
I fail to Understand how that car could be repaired, properly, and painted for 4K. Branded title. Might have been a deal at the sales price for the right person. For a parts flipper it would be a long hill before one is going to see any profits.
Mueller
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 17 2016, 09:58 AM) *

I fail to Understand how that car could be repaired, properly, and painted for 4K. Branded title. Might have been a deal at the sales price for the right person. For a parts flipper it would be a long hill before one is going to see any profits.

Hopefully someone saved the pictures so if it comes up for sale with a "never wrecked" in the description someone can call them on it!

Mikey914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 17 2016, 09:58 AM) *

I could see 4K, if you did it yourself, and carefully acquired the needed parts. Of course, this would mean MANY hours of yours unpaid to do the work.
rhodyguy
Months smile.gif after all of the work and you decide to sell you would have to, at least morally, disclose it's a sectioned car.
JRust
I had bid up to $2500. Not surprised it went over that. It was good it ended early sunday morning as I may have just pushed it up to 3k. That car was very fixable & while it would need the driver front corner. Once it was pushed back in the front. You might be surprised how much of it would go back. If the car had been mine. I'd have used a port power to get that front closer to before the wreck. Before putting it up for sale. Much easier for the buyer to haul it away. I'm still a little bummed I didn't pull the trigger on it. My big question was if it would have a branded title. Guy never gave me a good answer for that. If I knew for sure it wouldn't have a branded/salvage title. I would have bought it & fixed it. While I would never hide the repair down the road if I sold it. The salvage title itself really affects the value. Killed me on my LE sale despite knowing it was totaled for very little damage. Not something that would happen these days with the value's where they are.
Chris914n6
No insurance claim = no title status change. Seller probably never had the title in his name if he planned to flip it.

The ad was so full of stromberg.gif $20k av-943.gif that I didn't feel like taking the risk. No pics of the damage on Ebay?? That's some shady stromberg.gif ! Plus I need another project like I need another hole in my bootyshake.gif

I thought the body shop offered $3500? Must be a reason he hasn't moved it yet, $150 a day for storage is ridiculous, unless he is just too cheap to tow it home.

ps. It's emoji day piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.