Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: original AC kit FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
westtexass2k
I have a AC Kit that appears to be a dealer installed AC.system. I'm not 100 percent sure it was dealer installed but it was well done and very clean install. I am stripping my car down for a rebuild will be going with a heat /AC system. I'm asking 199.00 it was not running when I purchased the car. My car has electrical issues and I had no power to the AC. I am not sure if the blowers are working. It does have a small crack in the evaporate unit. Click to view attachment
Tom_T
FYI - that looks to be the VPC (Volkswager Products Corp.) P+A-dealer installed version of the AC, with the rectangular evaporator in the front trunk (the DPD version was round & flat-top-conical so the spare sat over it & lower in the trunk than the VPC version, where the spare & tire board sits 2-4" higher)

When it was in the car, you probable noticed that the control knobs on the interior duct/console sit out of line & to the right of the ashtray/ventilation-heat control sliders, with the driver vent further to the right of the steering column - vs. the DPD with the dials stacked & the vent closer to the driver. The 3 center console gauges are staggered vs. stacked too - if it was a center console Appearance Group 73-76 2.0 (or 1.7, 1.8, 2.0 optional).

Those are the main ways to tell visually which is which. Jeff Bowlsby's 914 website has pix of both from the old dealer brochures too.

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
76-914
Alrighty then. Another water pumper on the horizon. Which powerplant are you going with?
westtexass2k
Tom thanks for clearing that up. I am still learning these cars and all the options. I could just tell it was an older design. It was installed very nicely with the hoses all routed nicely.

76-914
My water pumper is a Honda f20c, from the Honda S2000. I know of only one other car with this combination. I have had this plan in my head for about 6 years finally acting on it. I have put the s2000 motor in other cars before and it's one of my favorite engines 240 hp with 152 ftlbs should be fun in a 914. We will see if it's a good as I think it will be.
If it's not enough I have a Rotrex c38-91 sitting on the shelf and brackets for the s2000 which pushes it to 380hp range. I'm trying real hard to keep it simple. Just building a fun run around town car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.