Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn indicator problem / dashboard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Yoei66
I'm having a strange problem with my dash turn indicator. I thought the buld was out. Pulled the dash apart, and found that the buld is good. The turn lights outside the vehicle work fine, I hear the relay blinking, but no power to dash light. Whenever I turn the road hazard flashers on the dashboard turn indicator flashes once, then stops. Road hazard keeps flashing outside the vehicle as normal. I swaped turn relays with others, dash indicator problem remaind the same. Anyone ever have this problem before?
SGB
Seems like it almost has to be a ground problem. Have you tested the output to the dash light maybe? You could rig up a well-grounded test light outside the gauge and connect the lead to it...
Yoei66
Scott:
I've tested the output with a volt meter, nothing there. I also hooked the turn indicator wire to a known working indicator. That indicator also wouldn't work with the turn indicator wire hooked to it. The strange thing is that everytime I turn on the hazard flashers, the dash turn indicator works for the first flash, then stops. I aslo get a voltage during this first flash of the hazard flasher. confused24.gif headbang.gif
markb
Are you positive the flasher is good?
Yoei66
Mark:

All bulbs outside the car are good(light up), dash light bulb tests good, and operation of turn signals & hazards is all normal. the only thing not working correctly is the dashlight indicator. By saying "The flasher" are you refering to the relay? I've swaped relays around with no change. wacko.gif
Yoei66
Ah-Ha! Looking at my new Tech Tips 700 book I've discovered that none of the round relays I was swaping around is a flasher relay. I now know that the flasher relay is the large square one, opps! The exact problem I'm having is also described in the book, as a failed flasher relay problem. Must be a bad connection for the dash indicator inside my relay. Guess I'll be buying a new SQUARE flasher relay. Thank god I don't have to fiddle with the dash again. biggrin.gif
markb
Tha's why I asked about the flasher, not the relay. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.