Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater blower motor 1970
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
IS heater blower motor always "on"?

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
No, it shouldn't be. It should only be on when you pull the red heater control up far enough to ground the lead that's attached to that lever. That trips the relay and then powers the fan. If you look in the tunnel and remove the heater control, you should see the ground wire somewhere.
porschetub
QUOTE(pgollender @ Jul 16 2016, 03:24 AM) *

IS heater blower motor always "on"?

Click to view attachment

Could the contacts in the relay be welded together ? or lever ground wire earthing to body somewhere perhaps.
Chris H.
Or you have it wired wrong at the switch. Definitely should not be on all the time. Summers would be terrible biggrin.gif . That would really...you know...someone say it...
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 15 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Or you have it wired wrong at the switch. Definitely should not be on all the time. Summers would be terrible biggrin.gif . That would really...you know...someone say it...

Blow? av-943.gif
rgalla9146
Suck ?

rgalla9146

But.... It warms my heart to see there are still good people out there.....
and I mean oooooout there ....... ( New Zealand) who are caring for and honoring
early cars and restoring them to original spec.
'respect'
rhodyguy
Push the floor lever all the way down and it still runs?
pgollender
The motor is still on the test stand but I was confused by the end leads of the ignition harness. It looked like the hot and ground connected directly to the motor.
So I didn't know how to "turn off the blower".
The red heater lever is just a ground to turn it on then ?
Like a bug ?
I was looking for a switch on my dash (like a dunce) that I rebuilt.
How 1980 of me.
Nice to know. I roast (hot)
enough in Sacramento as it is.
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 16 2016, 09:38 AM) *

But.... It warms my heart to see there are still good people out there.....
and I mean oooooout there ....... ( New Zealand) who are caring for and honoring
early cars and restoring them to original spec.
'respect'

Is that reference to me ? if so that's very nice biggrin.gif , if not bootyshake.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif .
By the way we don't do this sheeplove.gif with sheep as our friends in Australia think lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.