Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Afternoon at Infineon Raceway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Got to work with Brad in the paddock and pits on Scott Yeoman's 914-6 3.2 tube frame track car.

After recording tire temps/pressures for Brad following qualifying, I helped move the car onto the car scales. Brad determined the car needed more front spring and a firmer setting on the 31mm SRP front bar.

The car was sputtering due to a low fuel pressure/starvation issue.

We pumped all the fuel out and Brad fabbed an alternate fuel pick-up for the fuel cell.

Scott has a very fast car that he is still sorting out.
It's hard to run your best with new tires, suspension and engine mods the first time out. wink.gif

In qualifying this early 911 with Cup Car body work ate the wall right before turn 11. chowtime.gif

KT
Trekkor
Scott in the carrousel...
Trekkor
Again...
Trekkor
Out of turn two up the hill.
SGB
Ouch fer the 911...

Thanks for the pictures. 914s always look great in action on the track! driving.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Apr 9 2005, 06:32 PM)

In qualifying this early 911 with Cup Car body work ate the wall right before turn 11. chowtime.gif

KT

Ouch! How did he do that? Did he crash into someone who was braking too early?
J P Stein
I see you took Andy along as offical team photographer. laugh.gif
Trekkor
Ouch! How did he do that? Did he crash into someone who was braking too early?

I just looked up and there he was... ohmy.gif

I didn't see the incident. He was able to fix it and win the race three hours later.

JP, I was just going to post something like that myself. lol2.gif

Poor Andy.

KT
Aaron Cox
i always liked taht tube frame car wub.gif
Jenny
Scott Yeaman. Good to see you there today Trek.

Jen
anthony
Is there more racing tomorrow?
Jenny
yup, they're out all day tomorrow as well.

Jen
Trekkor
For $10 you can go all over the paddock and track view points.
butch
I wanna go next time! Invite me!!!
Jenny
Oh, we weren't invited. Birgit and I just crashed the party. biggrin.gif

Jen
TMorr
Hi Trekkor

Good to meet you at the weekend. Here you are working the pit at the weekend.
jd74914
That car's so cool wub.gif
Brett W
How's that car compare to Roger's car? What kind of times?
Mueller
QUOTE (Brett W @ Apr 12 2005, 06:46 PM)
How's that car compare to Roger's car? What kind of times?

I'm not sure if you can make a fair comparison between the two cars....Rogers car has way more cubic dollars poured into it, but it would be interesting....I'm not sure if they have every run together...I guess one could look at the lap times for the same track to get an idea....

Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 12 2005, 01:37 PM)
Oh, we weren't invited. Birgit and I just crashed the party. biggrin.gif

Jen

And I wasn't invited to crash with you? unsure.gif
Jenny
She called me last minute saturday morning to see if I wanted to come with. I barely had time to tell Brian I was heading out. I'm sorry!! sad.gif

Jen
Lyressa Roberts
No biggie...I was just hanging my lip out...hehehe. It would have been difficult for me this last weekend (or this weekend for that matter). This class is a booger (Advanced Accounting) and I was working on spreadsheets from the time the sun came up to the time it set Sunday night.
Trekkor
QUOTE (Brett W @ Apr 12 2005, 06:46 PM)
How's that car compare to Roger's car?  What kind of times?

Scott put up a 1:49.

KT
Brad Roberts
Roger has 20+ years of seat time compared to Scott's 8-9 years. It wouldnt be too far off.. I know we ran a Laguna event with Roger last year, but we didnt run the same run groups. Roger was there with POC and we where running with PRC. Scott has been uncomfortable in the car with it's 500lb spring rates. I changed everything a few days before the event and got away from the Goodyear radials we where running. I pulled out all the negative camber and dropped the spring rates to 250 rear/350 fronts and sent him off. Now he is comfortable in the car. The suspension works again.

I learned yesterday that I was given the wrong temps for Hoosiers "hot" I was given 29-30 hot and we should have been running 24-25 hot. I was furious..

B
nine14cats
B,

Who told you to run the hoosiers at 29 hot? If they are bias ply, I've never had them above 26lbs hot...they slip....

Good to see you guys out doing what you do...now if I can just join you sometime soon... laugh.gif

Bill P.
Brett W
I run hoosier to just short of 30psi hot. Seems to work great for our car.

Why did you go back to bias ply tires? That's a step backwards from radials.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.