Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any painters here? Houston we have a problem...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Perry Kiehl Clone
I'm helping a local painter to try and fix a problem we've run into on a refurb of my house and it's got him and me baffled.

Yesterday he painted the 2nd coat of ceiling flat on the ceiling (after giving the 1st coat 24+ hrs to dry) and about three hours later there's four large areas where the paint has peeled and blistered.

There wasn't any problem with the first coat, and I had the whole house painted 15 years ago, without an issue.

House was finished in '76 and we did a complete remodel 16 years ago.

He painted the main hall ceiling (8' x 40") and there's still a 20" x 30" open kitchen yet to do as well.

Our current plan of attack is to scrape off the bad areas, prime with Pro-999/Rx-35 primer/sealer and take another swing at it.

Any pros see this before? Best way to proceed??

Thanks in advance for any help with this frustrating problem. At least the ceiling is only 9' mad.gif

I'm supposed to be working on 914's not painting mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
mepstein
Did this in my bathroom when I used kills on the ceiling. But I had used a different label kills on the second coat and it blistered and peeled on the spots that also had spackle.
I guess it was the combo of all 3 products. sad.gif

I'm guessing yours was also a chemical reaction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.