Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A couple shots of tail light foam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Here's a couple shots of the tail light foam. Mark saw it in the recycle can and thought I should share. Doug's scrape piece .............

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
Hey Cary! Guess what I did today (among other things). Yes, here's another picture of a chunk of foam. This was the largest piece I managed to knock out of there after an hour with a screwdriver and hammer, but it's all out now. Stuff is held in with seam sealer, so it's a LOT of fun to get out of there.

Looks like an old dinosaur tooth or something. Maybe I'll put it on eBay... idea.gif

Click to view attachment

matthepcat
What is the point of this foam?
BeatNavy
I believe the intent was to keep water and dirt kicked up by the rear wheels out of the taillight & wheel well panel area for rust prevention. Over time though it just traps the moisture. It's another one of those 'rust preventor becomes rust enabler' things.

Or it's just there to piss us off. Which it did to me today as I was removing it.
era vulgaris
Or it could be an early attempt at planned obsolescence happy11.gif

Oh your 914 rusted out? I'm sorry to hear that. We now carry these lovely 924's that you might be interested in...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.