Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light/rear window defroster switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
hey guys this place ROCKS!! i want to hook up rear window defrost. have switch and glass what next??? also want fog lights have switch and lights are in already. please be gentle as i'm not an electrician but am not stupid either. thanks!!! oh one more thing who has running "teener" near manchester, ct. and wants to cruise with same?? driving.gif aktion035.gif
double-a
welcome to the forum. i'll take a guess that the fog light wiring is already there. i have a 75, and when i went to install the aux light switch, the wires were there behind the dash, ready to go. the fog wires in the front trunk will be white/yellow and brown (which is ground). search the forum for tips on installation, it's easy if the wires are there. the hole fo the switch is already in your dash, you may need to drop the fuse panel down and reach up in there and feel for a hole. it's equidistant from the hazard switch as the hazard is to the headlight switch. now, on the defroster switch... i don't know about that one. my car has it but i don't know if all cars were wired for it or not. at any rate, there's only two wires that go to the glass, which attach to a tab on each end. one is probably ground, while the other likely finds its way back to the switch. the fuse for the back glass is in the engine bay relay panel... i think.

i'm just a novice, others will have more detailed info. the search function is also very helpful.

~a
ArtechnikA
most of the cars were wired for 'aux lights' (driving or fog).

the rear defrost draws a bunch of current and has a relay in the circuit. the best thing to do is consult a period-correct wiring diagram to check out the factory wire colors and relay designations and such. i haven't seen a rear-defrost /4 but that doesn't mean there never were any.
firstknight13
thanks guys. i knew where the hole is as i have the wood panels off and can see the holes for all the switches. am trying to make it look stock on the dash since the rest of the interior is CUSTOM. am still looking for local "teeners" that have running cars to cruise with???!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.