Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 up for grabs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
I thought I read somewhere on here just recently that someone was looking for a 2.0 motor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2420565454
Jeff Krieger
I think it was Bruce Allert who was looking for a 2.0. If the description of the motor is accurate, it could be a good one.
anthony
You wonder why someone doesn't sell a 5000 mile motor before it gets removed from the car. You would think they could get a lot more for it.
Bruce Allert
Hey! thanks for putting out the notice. This does look like a good one. Just wished it were closer so I could check it out. Could use that tranny too. My syncros are going in 2nd. Have to shift normal or I'll lose some flakes off the teeth! I've email the guy to see if he'll tell me his reserve and if he would settle for a set price.
bruce
StratPlayer
Good Luck Bruce,, it looks like a worthy engine and trans.
Bleyseng
Hey Bruce, send me your toothless gears and I can install new synchro's on em..
Or you could drop by with all the parts and we could have a tranny party.

Geoff
Bruce Allert
Strat... thanks, I am thinking the same thing but I just can't bring myself to buy a "pig in'a poke". I'd have to see it or have someone check it out. Besides, if it's as good as he says it will go for more than I wanna spend (with my luck)!

Geoff... that sounds like a good plan. I've wanted to see what makes these trannies tick. That'd be fun.
bruce
tat2dphreak
I have engine envy! wish I had 700+ to spend...
ChrisReale
Check out the "Heat Exchangers" on it! Must be those light weight invisible ones.
Bruce Allert
I was looking at that, then I thought of headers and, in the same thunk, Hmmmm, no exchangers= no heat in da winter!
bruce
DNHunt
Anybody in the forum thinking about this engine. I thought I might see what I could find out. It might be nice to use as a replacement for my engine that is starting to go away. I don't want to bid up a fellow 914world.com member that's already trying to win it. If anyone is I can wait for another or work over mine.

Dave
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 25 2003, 06:12 PM)
Anybody in the forum thinking about this engine. I thought I might see what I could find out. It might be nice to use as a replacement for my engine that is starting to go away. I don't want to bid up a fellow 914world.com member that's already trying to win it. If anyone is I can wait for another or work over mine.

Dave

Dave, you can get one of these

- 039 100 031 X SHORT ENGINE EXCHANGE
74 KW, 100 DIN-PS WITH CYLINDER HEAD
OIL COOLER FLYWHEEL MODEL 039.GB

from Porsche for $3724.60 USD. See http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...ngine+exchange& .
ChrisReale
Did anybody figure out if it comes with all the injection stuff? Like ECU, MPS etc...?
Bruce Allert
It came with everything! I had several emails with him and it sounded sweet. I just couldn't bring myself to part with $1200 and not see it. It went for $1225.
bruce
StratPlayer
Congrats Bruce, glad to see someone on the board got this engine....
Bruce Allert
I didn't buy it. I need to see something this spendy before I buy. I'm relativly sure it was a good deal and I hope it was for the guy that won.
bruce
DNHunt
I didn't buy it either. By the time I decided to look into it, it was gone. Sometimes little details like deadlines are a real inconvience. I bet it was a real good deal

Dave
jdogg
That motor was advertised over at the Pelican classifieds for some time. The guy is selling (or sold, now) it because he is doing a 3.3 turbo 6 in his car. He seemed real honest and if the motor is as represented (no reason to believe otherwise) somebody got a hell of a deal!!!!! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.