Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need dimension specs for chassis repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pistonboy
Hello

I just delivered my 914 to the chassis guy to remove rusty parts and weld in new parts. I understand dimensional specs of the 914 exist somewhere and I have looked but can not find it. I am talking about measurements from various points to other points on the chassis that can be used to make sure the chassis is not distorted while new parts are being welded in place. I will be using Restoration Parts in Canada for parts.

Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thank you.
injunmort
check pelican parts site, it has what you are looking for.
mepstein
Right on our site under 914 info - top right corner - http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php
pistonboy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 16 2016, 06:09 PM) *

Right on our site under 914 info - top right corner - http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php

Thank you. I found it. Exactly what I am looking for.

I have two 914-4s.

This 914 (my third) is different. It has a Buick V-6 in it. It is 4.2 liter, not 3.8 liter (which Buick made for approx. 4 years). My friend purchased it with a stock V6 which turned out to have a sever rod knock. My friend then purchased its current V6, installed it, and never did anything else with it. The seller of the engine produced papers showing it had been blueprinted and balanced. It has a carter carburetor, Smoky Yunick(?) intake manifold, high performance oil pump, stage 3 clutch, and other things.

I question if this is the best vehicle for me. I like daily drives. I took one of my 914 on a single day, 440 mile recreational drive last weekend. I will repeat that drive this weekend. I simply enjoy going on long drives through the countryside, and 914 is my favorite car.

I wanted this vehicle because the motor can easily accommodate an a/c compressor. I live the southern California desert where it becomes hot, and while I have 9 vehicles (between 1960 and 1972) none have air conditioning.

This vehicle may turn out to be a complete disaster, completely not appropriate for my daily drive habits. But, if it does, it will not be the end of the world.

Thank you again for the information.
altitude411
Ok, this has gone on long enough... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.