Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
So why do some 914 rockers have the word PORSCHE extruded from the side and some are smooth. Are the extruded ones from earlier cars or was it an option? Also is it common for the rocker to be rivited alon the top. I'm trying to take mine off so i can check my longs. I dont have any body flex or not much but im worried because when i unbolted the bottom all this dirt fell out. I couldnt get them off thought because of the rivots on top.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 10 2005, 02:22 AM)
So why do some 914 rockers have the word PORSCHE extruded from the side...

because some 914 owners have an inferiority complex and need to have the word printed big on the side of their car. the aftermarket responded with these ABS (plastic) rockers which don't rust and don't get jacking wrinkles. they also have the name PORSCHE on them in big letter, which is why they all got angry-sounding letters from Porsche AG and PCNA telling them to Cease and Desist making stuff in violation of Porsche's trademark...

Also is it common for the rocker to be rivited alon the top.

yes, with plastic rivits that used to be impossible to find.

im worried because when i unbolted the bottom all this dirt fell out. I couldnt get them off thought because of the rivots on top.

they should be R&R'd periodically because they fil with dirt that traps water and causes rust. find some replacement blind ('pop') rivits, remove the ones you've got, and replace them after you'v washed the crud out of there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.