Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on getting car for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I got a very nice 76 body in a trade that has most of the hell hole work done. All that needs to be completed is the engine shelf and battery box. I plan to sell this car, and am trying to decide whether to complete this portion or not. The body is in extremely good condition, with almost no rust left. Previous owner installed about $1500 worth of Restoration design parts in the longs, hell hole and rear firewall, etc. areas. If I spend a few hundred more for the shelf and battery box, all of the welding on the car will be done. Would this make the car worth more and be worth the trouble. Also, any ideas on the worth of an almost complete project car, minus engine, that is ready to strip and paint? I was originally thinking of putting this car under my deck to keep for possible spare parts if mine ever gets wrecked, but this car is too nice to not have rebuilt.
Thanks
Chris914n6
Depends on how good the repairs are. If it's good enough a normal enthusiast would not be tempted to redo it then it's worth having it done, as most mechanically capable people are not welders. If it is subpar then it will cost more to undo.

A chassis that has had that much repair work is not going to be as valuable, but in your neck of the woods a solid rust free car has more value.
Mike Bellis
Sell it as is unless you are willing to finish the car. A few hundred spent will get you a few hundred in return. If you finish all the metal work, you might sell it faster but not for much more money.
whitetwinturbo
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.