Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB-TOOL Center Console Arm Rest/Third Seat-NON-HINGED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rsjg911
Hi 914 World:
I'm looking for a NON-HINGED center console arm rest/seat that fits over the plastic two-sectioned tray between the seats. Looking for VG-EXC condition.
Thanks!
rsjg911@aol.com
954-873-7442
Tom_T
Rsjg,

Same comments as before - except that....

If your 74 2L was an actual App. Grp. car, then it should have the hinged center console upholstered in the same color leatherette as your seats & door panels - not the dealer sold lift off option one you're talking about here.

If yours came with that lift off center console/cushion, then they either added it to make a non-AG 914 look like an AG car, or the original dealer selling it new "stole" the proper one off your car to satisfy another customer on another car, or to replace a damaged original, etc.

It happened all the time, as they stole my fog lights/grills/switch, center 3 gauge console, & Fuchs Alloys off of my `73 2L AG/PG car according to the OO when I got mine in 75! dry.gif

It sounds like you're trying to get yours back to as original, so you should check the window sticker for the factory options if available, or get a COA from PCNA & hope that they do it properly to reflect the correct equipment & colors (they are notorious for mistakes, so if they get it wrong & won't correct it for you, PM to me for how to proceed). PCA members get a small discount of $10 or $20, & Panorama magazine has an ad in them for $10 off with a code or mentioning Pano.

If your window sticker &/or COA mentions either the AG or the Center cushion - then it would've been the hinged flavor. If not, then it could've been either type added by the dealer when sold new, or by a PO.

PS - if you're reupholstering the car, then you can get a decent condition - if not Excl/Perfect - console recovered too in the same material, by those same shops I mentions in your wheel ad. I don't know your interior color, but they have the black smooth & basketweave there, maybe still the black, but you'd need to order the Beige yardage from Lakewell.com in Europe (email them for amount needed for whole car & to special order). That way everything will match in color batch, grain, texture, suppleness, etc. - rather than a mix-mash - & yes, even blacks can vary, especially new now compared to 40+/- years ago.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Rsjg911
Hi Tom:
Thanks for all of the excellent info...again.
I got a COA but the AG is not listed. However, I have the fog lights, sail panels in black and center console with gauges. I have a tray between the seats, not the hinged box and my steering wheel is "stock" not the thicker AG wheel so I am guessing it was switched out for some reason...or do I NOT have an AG car? The car has 5 Fuchs too but no sway bars.
It's a 47,xxx survivor in excellent condition and was attempting to make it "correct" BUT is it already correct???
Keep 'em On The,Roads,
Ron
rsjg911@aol.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.