Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB-1974 2.0L Appearance Gtoup STEERING WHEEL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rsjg911
Hi 914 World:
I'm looking for an Appearance Group steering wheel for a 1974 2.0L car. It is the thicker wheel. Prefer VG-EXC condition.
Thanks!
rsjg911@aol.com
954-873-7442
Tom_T
FYI - you can have any 914 wheel that fits your MY 914 wrapped with either real leather - or the cheaper vinyl leatherette that they used for 74-76. The covered ones were basically the base level plastic wheels with the leather/leatherette wrap. Also, some of the early 74 MYs still used the "left over" leather wrapped ones from the parts bins at the factory.

So you don't need an exact 74 914 App. Grp. wheel per se.

There are a number of qualified upholstery shops which can do a proper recovering & stitching, both local & Porsche specialty shops (supply pix of the proper stitching & covering if they're not sure), & Porsche interior shops, including: Autos International & World Upholstery in SoCal, Dallas Steering Wheel (DSW), 9upholstery (?name?), & others (check Panorama & Excellence magazines' advertisers).

FYI regarding originality - as a PCA Concours judge here in Zone 8 (covers SoCal/Central CA/SoNV/AZ area), we are not going to deduct for a recovered wheel nor one not from 74 MY, nor for not original to the car - nor do I believe any other Zones around the US, nor would they at PCA's Parade national concours (unless you're in the unrestored division & challenged by a competitor that something on your car wasn't all original or as original as their car for a tie-breaker, which is highly unlikely).

Also, if it were me, I would not post my email & phone directly in a public forum where anyone can see - nefarious outsiders & spammers/hackers included.

Any real buyer/seller on here can always PM or email you privately from your tabs at the left box, assuming that you've put your email into your member profile & allowed it's use by others. Then you can give that private info out as appropriate.

welcome.png

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Rsjg911
Thank you Tom. Excellent advise and much appreciated.
Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.