Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interest in a Megasquirt/Prog FI tech session
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
if all goes as planned, my megasquirt is going back on my 1.8 this week, i just have to finish the wiring harness and install the harness and Megasquirt (MS) into the car.

McMark has the LM-1 which we will use to tune the injection to ensure I have a safe air/fuel ratio.....

Not sure what day, it might be an evening thru the week or possibly this weekend.

It'll be a good chance for someone to get a better grasp of how PEFI works...
Andyrew
I would like to drop by.. but I have so many things to do for my car to get ready for the wcc...

12 days!!!! GAAAAAA
crash914
add this under lessons learned.....

you need the MAT sensor...I used my stock 2.0l one and the car ran much better..

I was wondering where I was getting a gammaE of 186%????

well the Inlet air density was -40ยบ .... Now I don't need a required fuel of 3.1. It is now at 11.8 and my pulse width is now at 5ms. Much better than before....

Good luck!

I also have been having problems with my AFR going all over the place..How stable is the LM1?
Mueller
Bosch has a new MAT which supposed to work better than the older units and better than the GM units most people use...they also have a 2 wire CHT sensor that is better suited for EFI...I'll find the part numbers and post them for you.

crash914
Kool!!!

I was running into crazy enrichments....turns out my CHT signal was bouncing all over the place....

I did nothing and its fixed now....go figure...
lapuwali
Let me know, Mike. I'd love to come round and see the LM-1 in operation.
Dave_Darling
Ditto!! smile.gif Now that I gots me some free time.

Oh, gotta remember to call Some People about helping out, soon!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.